News Letter 5846-048
25th day of the 10th month 5846 years after creation
The 10th Month in the first year of the third Sabbatical Year
The Third Sabbatical Year of the 119th Jubilee Cycle
January 1, 2011
Shabbat Shalom Brethren,
On Dec 24 Hebrew Nations Pod Cast did a show with me as their guest which you can listen to at http://torah-2-the-nation.podomatic.com/entry/2010-12-24T12_44_27-08_00?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+podomatic%2FHebrewNationRadio+%28HEBREW+NATION+RADIO+Podcast%29 as I share the Sabbatical and Jubilee Prophecies and the Prophecies of Abraham. This is such an appropriate intro to this week’s News Letter. What has been is what shall be again. There is nothing new under the sun. This was a tough show for me to do as I try to explain these teachings to an audience that is brand new to this way of life and learning more.
In the news this past month have been a number of things for us to keep in mind as we move forward. Many of the following are from www.thetrumpet.com this past week.
The summer of 1914 is a warning. Back then, as today, financial markets were zinging along. Inflation seemed to be under control.
Commodity prices were rising. Emerging markets were attracting investors.
The world, especially governments, were leveraging up on debt. The lessons of the stock market crash several years earlier had been forgotten.
Even after Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria was assassinated, the markets collectively yawned and went back to business as usual.
Stop and ponder that! The world was on the brink of the most disruptive political and economic event in history, and the markets were completely asleep! It wasn’t until Austria actually sent its severe ultimatum to Serbia—almost a month later—that the markets woke up to the impending slaughter.
“In 1914, everyone knew that a war between Britain and Germany was possible. The popular press was full of it,” says Harvard historian Niall Ferguson. “But it’s as if investors didn’t want to factor that in until it was upon them.”
What a lesson about human nature.
People don’t like to think about catastrophes—let alone plan or prepare for them—until they are forced to. And by then, it is often too late!
To investors, the First World War was a shock. The stock markets were routed and officials shut down bourses in New York, London and Vienna. By July 30, all continental markets had shut their doors.
New York didn’t fully reopen for business as usual until April 1915. Global bond markets cratered too and lenders to many countries were never repaid.
The question for America is, if the smart money and the big investors of 1914 were so wrong, could they be wrong in 2011? At the end of 2010, the bond market has been in bull mode for 30 years. The stock market is hitting two-year highs, commodity prices are soaring. Yet look at the world around you. It is a messy place.
The truth is that the list of 10-sigma, black-swan type unforeseen events that carry the potential to crash global markets is probably bigger than ever today. But if Ferguson is right, the flash points staring us in the face are what should cause the most worry.
Market Watch | December 20
A Bad Year for California
Get away from California’s coastline, and watch your fortunes dip. For 2010 at least, that seems to be the lesson as six of the Golden State’s metro areas fell to the bottom 10 in Market Watch’s annual survey of the best U.S. cities for business. …
Along with Riverside, Fresno, Stockton, Modesto, Sacramento and Bakersfield sunk to the bottom of the pack. And jobs are the main culprit. “If you’re looking at unemployment and job growth, it was not a good year for California,” said Stephen Levy, director of the Center for Continuing Study of the California Economy.
California holds the third-highest unemployment rate in the nation at 12.4 percent, but four of those cities are at the very top of that list.
Stockton is the worst of the cities in the survey with a 16.6 percent jobless rate, followed by Modesto at No. 2 with 16.2 percent, Fresno at No. 3 with 15.2 percent and Bakersfield at No. 4 with 15.1 percent.
Las Vegas is No. 5 with a 15 percent, but it is closely followed by Riverside at 14.8 percent. Sacramento is 11th at 12.5 percent.
But it’s not as if those cities closer to the Pacific are going great guns either. The highest-rated California city in the overall Market Watch survey is San Francisco—and in the No. 33 spot, it barely cracks the top third of the 102 cities included. … All California cities in the survey are in the bottom fourth when it comes to unemployment rates. …
Global Europe Anticipation Bulletin | December 16
Explosion of the Western Public Debt Bubble
The second half of 2011 will mark the point in time when all the world’s financial operators will finally understand that the West will not repay in full a significant portion of the loans advanced over the last two decades. For leap/E2020 it is, in effect, around October 2011, due to the plunge of a large number of U.S. cities and states into an inextricable financial situation following the end of the federal funding of their deficits, while Europe will face a very significant debt refinancing requirement, that this explosive situation will be fully revealed.
Media escalation of the European crisis regarding sovereign debt of euroland’s peripheral countries will have created the favorable context for such an explosion, of which the U.S. “Muni” market incidentally has just given a foretaste in November 2010 with a mini-crash that saw all the year’s gains go up in smoke in a few days. This time this crash took place discreetly since the Anglo-Saxon media machine succeeded in focusing world attention on a further episode of the fantasy sitcom “The End of the Euro ….”
Yet the contemporaneous shocks in the United States and Europe make for a very disturbing set-up comparable, according to our team, to the “Bear Stearn” crash which preceded Lehman Brothers’ bankruptcy and the collapse of Wall Street in September 2008 by eight months. But the [GlobalEurope Anticipation Bulletin] readers know very well that major crashes rarely make headlines in the media several months in advance ….
Telegraph, Ambrose Evans-Pritc hard | December 21
Citigroup Warns of Wave of Bank Failures
Prof. Willem Buiter, the bank’s chief economist, said the eurozone was paralyzed by a “game of chicken” between the European Central Bank and emu governments.
Both sides are trying to shift responsibility on to the other for shoring up southern Europe and Ireland, raising the risk of contagion spreading. “The market is not going to wait until March for the EU authorities to get their act together. We could have several sovereign states and banks going under. They are being far too casual,” he said.
Mark Schofield, Citigroup’s global head of interest rate strategy, said Portugal would need an EU rescue soon and that it was “highly likely that Spain will go the same way.” This risks overpowering the €440 billion ($578 billion) bailout fund.
“Restructuring of some sovereign debt is inevitable. There is a chance that Spain could still make it, but the debt trajectory looks unsustainable if a broader EU-wide solution isn’t found,” he said. The warnings came after Moody’s said it might downgrade Portugal’s A1 rating by one or two notches on growth worries, but said the country’s solvency was “not in question” ….
The Looming Crisis in the States
Published: December 25, 2010
For most of this year, the state of Illinois has lacked the money to pay its bills. Some of its employees have been evicted from their offices for nonpayment of rent, social service groups have laid off hundreds of workers while waiting for checks, pharmacies have closed for lack of Medicaid payments. Faced with $4.5 billion in overdue payments, Illinois has proposed a precarious plan to sell its delinquent bills to Wall Street investors in exchange for cash, calculating that the interest it must pay the investors will be less than the late fees it owes.
It is no way to run the nation’s fifth largest state, and it is not even clear that investors will agree, but these kinds of shaky deals are likely to become increasingly common as the states try to cope with the greatest fiscal drought since the Great Depression. Starved for revenue and accustomed to decades of overspending, many states have been overwhelmed. They are facing shortfalls of $140 billion next year. Even before the downturn, states jeopardized their futures by accumulating trillions in debt that they swept into some far-off future.
But that future is not so distant, and the crushing debt has made recovery far more difficult to achieve. As The Times reported, Illinois, California and several other states are at increasing risk of being the first states to default since the 1930s. The city of Prichard, Ala., has stopped sending out its pension checks, breaking state law and shocking its employees.
A state or city unable to make its bond payments would send harmful ripples through the financial system that could cause damage even to healthier governments. But if states act quickly to deal with their revenue losses and address their debt — and receive sufficient aid from Washington — there is still time to avoid a crisis.
The most immediate cause of the states’ problems is the decline in tax revenue caused by the downturn, just as the demand for services has increased.
Over the last two years, combined sales, personal and corporate taxes have fallen by more than 10 percent. Although revenue is likely to tick up slightly in 2011, federal stimulus money — which has been keeping many states afloat — is largely scheduled to expire. Renewing a portion of that aid would be one of the most effective ways to assist the economy.
Many conservatives have said the revenue decline is a good incentive for states to cut their spending. That is precisely what almost all states have done, because they are legally barred from running deficits. State spending fell by 3.8 percent in the 2009 fiscal year and 7.3 percent more in the 2010 fiscal year, the only significant declines since at least the 1970s, even as the cost of education and health care rose.
School aid, Medicaid, transportation, employee salaries, social services, courts — whatever there was to cut, states have slashed it, often at ruinous costs to the most vulnerable: the poor, the sick and disabled, students, tens of thousands of laid-off workers.
But cutting spending will not affect the heaviest burden: the accumulated debt that comes from passing off the biggest problems to future generations. States and cities have nearly $3 trillion in outstanding bonds, and more than $3.5 trillion in shortfalls to pensions. Promised health benefits alone are more than $500 billion.
Some states have tried to pretend their pension obligations do not exist. New York is shortchanging its pension funds, and Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, who claims to be so financially responsible, is the latest in a line of governors who have simply refused to pay the billions the state owes to its employee pensions. (Instead, it has often spent that money on tax cuts.) Public employee unions will need to give ground on pensions and other benefits, but it will be hard to start productive discussions if Mr. Christie and other governors refuse to acknowledge their obligations and bargain in good faith.
During the last year, 23 states raised taxes and fees, but only eight increased personal income taxes. Ultimately, states are going to have to acknowledge that more effective, targeted tax increases are inevitable, and can be achieved if they are structured properly. Governors also must explain to voters that they have cut spending. The nation’s richest taxpayers just got a windfall in the federal tax deal extorted from President Obama by Republican senators. States should not shy away from asking for more help from those most able to pay.
Too many newly elected governors have vowed not to raise taxes — including, unfortunately, Andrew Cuomo of New York — fearing giving bad news to voters who have not yet been told how dire things really are. Dan Malloy, the incoming Democratic governor of Connecticut, is one of the few who have been honest with their constituents, saying neither cuts nor tax increases alone can deal with his state’s $3.5 billion shortfall, one of the largest, proportionally, in the nation. “This is a time when people have to be on notice that they’ll be requested to participate in shared sacrifice,” he said recently.
Many governors claim tax increases are ill-advised during a recession, but more experienced economists say it is better to raise taxes on the rich than to lay off workers and cut spending, in effect offsetting Washington’s attempts at stimulus. The federal government missed a chance to begin to act rationally about its long-term deficit by giving away the store to the rich in the tax deal. States should not make the same mistake.
Daily Telegraph | December 22
Iran Recruiting Nuclear Scientists
Iran is operating a worldwide recruitment network for nuclear scientists to lure them to the country to work on its nuclear weapons program, officials have told the Daily Telegraph.
They claim that the country is particularly reliant on North Korean scientists but also recruits people with expertise from African countries to work on developing missiles and nuclear production activities.
North Korea relies on a lucrative financing agreement with Iran to fund its expanding nuclear activities. In return for Iranian money and testing facilities, North Korea sends technology and scientists.
Mohamed Reza Heydari, a former Iranian consul in Oslo, told the Daily Telegraph, that he had personally helped scores of North Koreans enter the country while working for the foreign ministry’s office in Tehran’s Imam Khomenei airport. …
“The North Koreans were all technicians and military experts involved in two aspects of Iran’s nuclear program. One to enable Iran to achieve nuclear bomb capability, and the other to help increase the range of Iran’s ballistic missiles.”
He said: “In all our embassies abroad, especially in the African countries, the staff of foreign ministry were always looking for local scientists and technicians who were experts in nuclear technology and offered them lucrative contracts to lure them into Iran. “The façade of the nuclear program is that it is for peaceful purposes, but behind it they have a completely different agenda.”
After reading this article above what is next is of great interest. Especially as you consider what Isaiah said about Egypt being led away naked. You can find this prophecy in Isaiah 20: 3 And ???? said, “As My servant Yeshayahu has walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and a wonder against Mitsrayim and Kush, 4 so does the sovereign of Ashshur lead away the captives of Mitsrayim and the exiles of Kush, young and old, naked and barefoot, with their buttocks uncovered – the shame of Mitsrayim. 5 “And they shall be afraid and ashamed of Kush, their expectation, and of Mitsrayim, their boast. 6 “And the inhabitant of this coastland shall say in that day, ‘See, such is our expectation, wherever we flee for help to be delivered from the sovereign of Ashshur. And how do we escape?’ ”
This is talking about Assyria which is Germany coming down and taking Egypt prisoners. Why because Germany will be in league with Iran. Now read what wikileaks has revealed.
Washington times | December 15
Mubarak: ‘Iranian Influence Spreading Like a Cancer’ Across Arab World
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak compared Iran’s growing influence in the Middle East to a “cancer,” according to a cable released by the anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks.
“President Mubarak has made it clear that he sees Iran as Egypt’s—and the region’s—primary strategic threat,” says the secret cable, sent April 28, 2009, from the U.S. Embassy in Cairo. “His already dangerous neighborhood, he has stressed, has only become more so since the fall of Saddam, who, as nasty as he was, nevertheless stood as a wall against Iran, according to Mubarak.
He now sees Tehran’s hand moving with ease throughout the region, ‘from the Gulf to Morocco,’ as he told a recent congressional delegation.”
The cable notes, however, that “Mubarak’s focus on the Iranian threat differs somewhat from ours.” “While he will readily admit that the Iranian nuclear program is a strategic and existential threat to Egypt and the region, he sees that threat as relatively ‘long term.’ What has seized his immediate attention are Iran’s non-nuclear destabilizing actions such as support for Hamas, media attacks, weapons and illicit funds smuggling, all of which add up in his mind to ‘Iranian influence spreading like a cancer from the gcc [Gulf Cooperation Council countries] to Morocco.’”
The cable was sent days after Egyptian security services rolled up a cell of operatives from Hezbollah, Iran’s Lebanese-based proxy, based in the Sinai.
After the arrests, according to the memo, “Egypt had sent a clear message to Iran that if they interfere in Egypt, Egypt will interfere in Iran, adding that egis had already begun recruiting agents in Iraq and Syria.”
Knowledge of this threat was attributed to Egyptian intelligence chief Omar Suleiman.
At the time, the Obama administration’s policy of engagement with the Iranians was getting under way, which frightened the Egyptians, according to the cable.
“They are worried that we are going to strike a ‘grand deal’ with the Iranians,” it says. … Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit, the cable says, “has speculated that the new U.S. administration will engage with Iran, but will be disappointed in late 2009 or early 2010 when it realizes that Iran will not stop its enrichment activities.”
In the past I have shown you why Saudi Arabia is concerned about the Iranians who are strategically out manoeuvring many in the world. And now you have read how Egypt too is concerned about them. Prophecy shows us that Europe will come down and lead them away as captives. Watch as this grows closer to that time.
IN the news this past week we have the following.
Qld grain farmers devastated by floods
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 » 12:41pm
Queensland’s floods have cost grain farmers an estimated $400 million and the bill will certainly rise, AgForce says.
Qld floods washes away crops
Friday, December 24, 2010 » 09:34am
About $800 million in profit from sugarcane crops has been washed away by bad weather along Australia’s eastern seaboard this year, sugar producers say.
Hundreds evacuated, motorists stranded as downpours flood towns in northeastern Australia
By The Associated Press | The Canadian Press – Mon, 27 Dec 7:56 PM EST
The rain has also caused at least 400 million Australian dollars ($403 million) worth of damage to crops across the state, including sunflower and cotton, that were just recovering from months of drought, said Brent Finlay, president of farmers’ lobby group AgForce.
“These crops were looking fantastic two months ago, and all that’s been taken away from them,” Finlay said. “It’s just devastating. This was going to be the crop that got a lot of farmers back on their feet after the drought.”
Food, disease fears plague flooded towns
December 30, 2010
Queensland authorities say they are increasingly concerned about the spread of disease and supplying food to thousands of people affected by record floods.
Floods cover vast area of Australia’s northeast
Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:18am EST
SYDNEY (Reuters) – Floodwater rose across a vast area in Australia’s northeast on Friday, inundating 22 towns, forcing 200,000 residents out of their homes, and closing a major sugar export port.
Flooding has already shut coal mines in Queensland state and its biggest coal export port, forcing miners such as Anglo American and Rio Tinto to slow or halt operations.
The worst flooding in about 50 years has been caused by a “La Nina” weather pattern, which cools waters in the eastern Pacific and has produced torrential rain over the past two weeks across northeast Australia.
In the southern states of Victoria and South Australia, meanwhile, soaring temperatures and tinder dry conditions have sparked bushfires.
Authorities warned of possible “catastrophic” fires if conditions worsened and holiday travelers were asked to prepare evacuation plans.
“We’re asking people to have a plan, how they’re going to get to where they’re going…a plan to get away…if a bushfire happens to threaten,” said South Australia rural fire chief Andrew Lawson.
Firefighters, helped by cooler temperatures, contained small fires late on Friday, but meteorologists said readings could soar again above 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) in the next few days.
In Queensland, authorities warned of rising health risks from floodwaters, along with the danger of crocodiles and snakes in flooded homes.
“This disaster is a long way from over,” Queensland state Premier Anna Bligh told reporters.
“We now have 22 towns or cities that are either substantially flooded or isolated. That represents some 200,000 people spanning an area that’s bigger than the size of France and Germany combined.”
Northen Ireland water shortage hits thousands of households
Scotland sends 160,000 litres of bottled water as GPs warn of public health emergency
29 December 2010
Up to 40,000 homes were today reported to be without water in Northern Ireland. A sudden thaw after arctic conditions has burst thousands of pipes and let reservoirs run dry.
Doctors are worried about the effect on public health. “This is becoming a really serious emergency,” said Dr John McMahon, a GP who had been without water in his home in Rostrevor for seven days. Peter Maguire, another County Down doctor, was of the same mind. “This really is now a public health emergency,” said the Newry GP. “We need water and we need it for the sake of public health. People with young families have not been able to flush toilets and wash themselves, never mind get access to drinking water.”
I have been speaking out for 5 years now warning you about the things prophesied to come. On the DVD I told you that disease would come from a lack of money to maintain the utility system. We are seeing a nation like Ireland which is stretched to the limit on the funding it has access to and now forced to make major cuts. You are seeing the results of those cuts. It will get worse for all of those countries whose debts have swollen beyond their ability to pay them back. Just like the many states of the USA and this is part of why I continue to show you these things from a financial point of view. Time to watch the DVD at https://sightedmoon.com/sightedmoon_2015/?page_id=251 and then to read The Prophecies of Abraham. Time to stop disobeying Yehovah and to begin to keep Torah, before it is all taken away from you.
I loved the next email as it shows me that people are thinking and trying to draw lines between the different things they understand. So please brethren keep thinking and keep studying.
I have just recently been led to you and I am in awe of the gifts that the Father has given to you. Bless YAH. As I have been reading your articles and listening on truth2u, I have a question concerning the cycles and Sabbitical years. This week is Shemot, and as I was reading it struck home that Moses and Yashua were to be killed by there respective kings. Can you tell me if they were in the same time or cycle? and what cycle it was in?
If I placed 120 circles on a piece of paper and divided then into 7 7s, with each having a Sabbitical circle, figured out when certain events occurred, would all of history past, present and future overlap? Correct me if I’m wrong, I believe this is what you are saying.
What is the next cycle correlation according to scripture on HIS calendar? Because as we know “There is nothing new under the sun.”
Thank you for your time and for being a dedicated watchman on the wall.
Be blessed, Shabbat Shalom
I have last week and the one before and again this week been asking you to help us raise the money to buy our first farm in Israel and begin to get ready for the return of Ephraim. Especially after reading how bankrupt the individual states and cities are in the USA. But not everyone is in favour of this. One person wrote;
Having read “ship without a country” by Victor Thorn and Mark Glenn,,, and watched Anna Baltzer’s DVD ‘Life in Palestine’,,, I think I will wait for some indication that the land is Torah observant and worshiping YHVH before I will seriously consider moving there. Meanwhile I continue to work to set up a viable situation here, on the land YHVH has given me. You are certainly right, that hard times are coming (one way or the other, and likely both). Our only hope is in the blessing of YAHUSHUA, both individually, and as a nation. At this time I see no nation that is aligning itself to be in YHVH’s care, and we are assured that there will be few that find righteousness, and Salvation, which is YAHUSHUA. Thus it would seem that likely there is NO nation that will get a pass when the water’s get rough
I love all your research and print out every weekly teaching to read and study during the Sabbath. I’m an old WCG’er also who continually seeks Yehovah’s every new eye opening detail as He reveals it to his children.
There are also brethren who think that if they flee to South America or Central America that they will escape all these things that are about to come. And there are still others who believe they can survive in the bush. Let me say that this is absurd and that the Bible says you are to go to Israel. And once it is surrounded you flee to Jordan; nothing in here about South or Central America or fleeing to the bush in whatever area you live in. Brethren do not put your own logic into what the scriptures tells us to do. You must read this week’s Mitzvah number 293. We are trying to prepare to be at a city of refuge as we are told to do in Numbers. This is not the bush or high country out back nor is it a remote place in Central or South America. Study your Torah, it is to a refuge city. There are three in Israel and three on the other side of the Jordan. Do you know the names of them?
We have received many letters asking for more information about the Farm in Israel, Like the next ones.
Shalom AH, I would like to here more about, the farm of safety, where is the farm land how big is the farm that we must have, if its Land for the 12-tribe’s of Israel that’s means we are talking a lot of Land and went will this take place, I know the book of Joel says call the people together bring everyone Joel ch 2vs 1,15 you say this is right now that the trumpet is being Blowing as we talk, See I always through that the two wittiness will be doing this calling, Rev, ch 11 also will bring 7 bowls of judgment to the world, Is this right or wrong. Shalom Bill
Although many have asked about the farm and who is doing this and where we are doing this I must tell you once again I am not going to share that information. I have announced things on this News Letter only to find out thereafter that I had been attacked or had events cancelled by other Messianic leaders. I also have news from Israel of Messianic Brethren being attack and harassed by Orthodox Jews. I am not going to endanger those who are willing to work with me on this project.
I am also sending out periodical updates to only those who have donated and continue to donate to help us raise the money to purchase the farm. Unless you contribute you will not hear the details that I can share. There are no free rides here. It is time you all became very serious about what is about to happen and begin to take the steps to prepare for it.
I also received a number of emails like the following one.
i am writing this to you as i do to all that i contact. my whole desire is to be in Israel NOW. i have a dream and desire that cannot be quenched. it burns with a passion deep inside. my desire, oddly enough, is to go and build a “Sanctuary”, a safe place that people can come and learn, seed refuge, work, help, be a people who’s heart is in and for Y’shua. i desire to do this in Israel. as i read this newsletter that you put out, which i love your work and want to thank you for who you are and for what you do, i am in somber heart because i have no money to lend to you. i am a servant who so desires to work with you on this if you will see fit to place me. like i stated, i have no money but i do have two hands, strong back, and a willingness to go forward and help. i seek no money or payment in this help, just a place to participate. please let me know if this can be done with your heart and idea’s. thank you my friend thanks bud and i look forward to hearing from you.
In 2 Samuel 24 we read how David would not accept a free gift from his servant Araunah, but instead said that it had to cost him something. 22 And Arawnah said to Dawid?, “Let my master the sovereign take and offer that which seems good to him. Here are cattle for burnt offering, and threshing implements and the yokes of the cattle for wood. 23 “All these, O sovereign, Arawnah has given to the sovereign.” And Arawnah said to the sovereign, “???? your Elohim accept you!” 24 And the sovereign said to Arawnah, “No, let me buy it from you for a price, for certain. I am not offering burnt offerings to ???? my Elohim without cost.” So Dawid? bought the threshing-floor and the cattle for fifty sheqels of silver. 25 And Dawid? built an altar to ???? there, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. And ???? answered the prayers for the land, and the plague was withdrawn from Yisra’?l.
Brethren if you can’t find $20 or $30 or $50 dollars to send then how on earth do you expect to fly over to Israel and buy food and travel and pay for your accommodations? Can you give up coffee for one week? Or fast for one day or two and take the money that you would have spent on food and send it in. If it does not cost you anything then it is not worth that much to you.
You obviously do not value what the Land of Israel is. It is your homeland. What is it worth to you? $5, $1000, or $100,000, just what is it worth to you? Mathew 13 tells us something to consider in this regards. 44 “Again, the reign of the heavens is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man having found it, hid, and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. 45 “Again, the reign of the heavens is like a man, a merchant, seeking fine pearls, 46 who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
Many of those who have contributed have been the widows. And in Mathew we have read how even the widow’s mite was of more value than the rest of those giving; because it cost her more.
sightedmoon.com has been showing you through the DVD of the Sabbatical and Jubilee cycles and through the book The Prophecies of Abraham that in 7 years time North America will be at war. Are you going to wait until the war is here before you get ready to see if what I am saying is true? Or are you going to act now? Are you going to act on your own or are you going to go with a larger group? Have those things I have been saying since 2005 not come true so far and is this not enough?
In Exodus 35 Moses asked the people to make an offering for the building of the Tabernacle, and the people brought according to the gifts they had been given.
And in Exodus 36 we read of how much the people had brought 3 And they received from Mosheh all the contribution which the children of Yisra’?l had brought for the work of the service of making the set-apart place. But they still brought to him voluntary offerings every morning, 4 so all the craftsmen who were doing all the work of the set-apart place came, each from the work he was doing, 5 and they spoke to Mosheh, saying, “The people bring much more than enough for the service of the work which ???? commanded us to do.” 6 Then Mosheh commanded and they sent this word throughout the camp, saying, “Let neither man nor woman do any more work for the contribution of the set-apart place.” And the people were withheld from bringing, 7 for what they had was enough for all the work to be done, more than enough.
It would be absolutely awesome to write to you and tell you to stop giving as we have more than enough to buy the farms and make the repairs and purchase of the seeds and animals to get this started. What a gift of faith that would be to those who took part in it. May Yehovah stir your hearts to help.
The prices of the farms we have looked at to date range in price from 650,000 to 1.5 Million and they have orchards of Olives and Almonds on them. We need your help no matter how small.
This week I said goodbye to a relative who will be serving NATO in Sudan. I have been trying to update him on the religious aspects to what is happening in the world and where Sudan fits in all of this. I also showed him this article you are about to read.
Here is a group of people who are going to Israel and many of them are being killed and robbed and tortured along the way. They are willing to give all they have in order to get there. Read this link and compare what they are doing to what you are doing. It is not worth anything if it does not cost you anything. To these Sudanese it has cost them everything they have and then some.
Shalom Grandpa Joseph,
Congrats on the new arrival in your family. Thank you for the email about purchasing farm land in Israel. I knew when I sent what I could, that YHVH would direct you on what to do with it. On last weeks news letter you talked about contributing some more. I would like to send some money though I am not sure exactly sure where to send it? Can you send me that info please. You spoke of many things you will need help with. I am not sure if there is anything I can do, the only experience I have is in retail management and a green thumb when growing a small garden or house plant. What ever you need help with I offer to do what I can. Joseph I pray that you stay strong in what you are doing, it is by no means easy.
Brethren you can send your donations made out to Joseph F Dumond 14 Willow Cres. Orangeville Ontario Canada L9V 1A5. Or you can go to the donate button on the web site and make a donation. If you do not trust me then do not send any funds. But those of yo who have read this News Letter for the past 5 years should know me by now. Please include your email address when you write.
The people in Israel will tell us of the land they have found for sale or lease. If the funds are here then we will go ahead. I am not going to tell you where or who I am dealing with. I am sorry, but I am not going to endanger the brethren. Many of you ask who and where and have not asked how you can help. Help us to make this happen, let your faith lead you. But you must understand that those things I have shared before have been sabotaged by some who read this News letter and I am not about to let this happen again.
On top of all of this I have an opportunity to do a two hour radio program each week and to even have it grow into something much bigger. Currently there is no way I could afford to do this. And on top of that the amount of time it would take would be a full time job for me. I am asking you to pray with me about this on top of the farm and the news letter to let Yehovah’s will be done.
A friend has uploaded the DVD so that you can now watch it in a full length viewing. If you have not yet watched the Sabbatical and Jubilee years then go now to this site and watch it with your whole family.
I uploaded your Jubilees DVD video to my Yah-Tube website, so people can stream the whole video at once, rather then only 10 minutes chunks on YouTube.
People can also download the video in several different formats. (i.e. wmv, mov, avi, etc…)
I hope that helps. Have a great day!
We are now at the end of the week of Saturnalia and in case some of you are about to go out and celebrate the new year, I wanted to show you some things you may not have considered. I do hope you read last week’s News letter as this one goes with it.
I know that on this News Letter are more and more new people each and every week. This is good. I would that this news Letter had millions on it in all the Christian circles. You can tell your friends to sign up and your family or those in your assemblies. Help spread the News. Many of you have done so this past week as many have signed up for the News letter and I thank you.
So many Christians think they have a job to do by getting people saved or getting people born again or converting the Jews to Jesus, and yet it is all of these Christians that need to be converted to the truth. This may be shocking to some of you, but yet I do not worry one iota about the Jews, they already have the Torah and they know it better than most of you that are called Christian. And the one thing that prevents them from knowing more about the Messiah is all these hypocritical Missionary types who have done away with the law and have not one clue about what the Messiah actually did teach. He taught the torah, the exact same thing the Jews now read and study. The exact same thing most Christians have no clue about and refuse to learn and will not read.
This does not mean I agree with everything that Judah teaches, but it does show you, the Christian, just how far from the truth you have strayed.
In recent months I have pointed out many false teachings that some of you are incorporating into your new found Messianic religious practices. Things like those practiced at Purim and Chanukah, Halloween, and Lighting of candles and most recently about Christmas. Yes some people still keep Christmas and Dec 25 as the birth of Yahshua. They blindly keep the old false traditions and do not check or prove anything at all. They are dumber than dumb sheep.
To have access to all of our newsletter over the past 15 years, simply CLICK HERE.
Each year I explain these false teaching that many of you still hang on to for dear life. You still drag all that false baggage with you and refuse to let it go.
And in case you are wondering why I am saying this year is 5846 and the Jews say it is 5771 please go to and read the Missing 76 years which I wrote about in 5843. Don’t forget Judah starts their year at the Seventh month so it is 76 and one half years difference.
With each News Letter comes a bunch of emails condemning me for pointing out such things. People do not want to know the truth and they most certainly do not want to change. The fact that so many of you do and are changing is a miracle in and of itself. As Joel says in 2:27 “And you shall know that I am in the midst of Yisra’?l1, and that I am ???? your Elohim and there is no one else. And My people shall never be put to shame. Footnote: 1See Isa. 24:23. 28 “And after this it shall be that I pour out My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men dream dreams, your young men see visions. 29 “And also on the male servants and on the female servants I shall pour out My Spirit in those days. 30 “And I shall give signs in the heavens and upon the earth: blood and fire and columns of smoke, 31 the sun is turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of ????. 32 “And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of ???? shall be delivered1. For on Mount Tsiyon and in Yerushalayim there shall be an escape2 as ???? has said, and among the survivors whom ???? calls. Footnotes: 1Acts 2:21, Rom. 10:13. 2Isa. 4:2-3, Obad. v. 17, Rev. 14:1.
Did you watch the Blood moon last Monday evening Dec 21? This is what Joel is referring to only they will come in 2014 and 2015 on the High Days of Passover and Sukkot each year, as a warning of the sword that will then be at the door. The blood moon is a warning of war that is to come.
So this week we are about to watch the entire world say goodbye to the old year and get drunk and drive and let loose of any inhibitions. But in case some of you did not know Yehovah himself tells us when the New Year is.
Exodus 12: 1 And ???? spoke to Mosheh and to Aharon in the land of Mitsrayim, saying, 2 “This month is the beginning of months for you, it is the first month of the year for you. 3 “Speak to all the congregation of Yisra’?l, saying, ‘On the tenth day of this month each one of them is to take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household. 4 ‘And if the household is too small for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next to his house take it according to the number of the beings, according to each man’s need you make your count for the lamb. 5 ‘Let the lamb be a perfect one, a year old male. Take it from the sheep or from the goats. 6 ‘And you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then all the assembly of the congregation of Yisra’?l shall kill it between the evenings. 7 ‘And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it. 8 ‘And they shall eat the flesh on that night, roasted in fire – with unleavened bread and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
The New Year begins the exact same month that Passover is. You have just read it and yet much of the world is keeping it now. Some will try to tell you that the New Year is in the fall at the Feast of Trumpets which is on the first day of the Seventh month.
OK for those of you who are mathematically challenged, please go and get a three year old girl. I want you to ask her if the first month is number one or not. Then I want you to ask her what number is the Seventh Month? Is the Seventh Month the first month? Huh???? The three year old will give you the truth, even though many adults will still try to lie and justify all the screwed up behaviour they do, in order to justify them not having to change and conform to the Torah!
The Month of December is Latin for the 10th month. November is Latin for the 9th month, October is Latin for the 8th month, and September is Latin for the 7th month. So January used to be the 11th month and February used to be the 12th month. There is sometimes a 13th month depending on special situations, but this would make the first month in March or April depending on whether or not there is a 13th month. This is when Passover is just as we are told in Exodus.
The year used in dates during the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire was the consular year, which began on the day when consuls first entered office — probably 1 May before 222 BC, 15 March from 222 BC to 154 BC, but this event was moved to 1 January in 153 BC. In 45 BC, Julius Caesar introduced the Julian calendar, continuing to use 1 January as the first day of the new year.
Yehovah says the first month is when Passover is in the spring. So then what is the whole world celebrating now?
I shared this video last week and I do so now again. It is truly worth watching again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJaE0xcVZIU&feature=player_embedded
I want you to watch it and think about what it is that you are doing when you go out and keep New Year Celebrations with the rest of the world at this time. It is like holding your middle finger up and waving it at Yehovah.
Let’s look at this and see exactly why those who keep this Feast are holding up that finger.
Saturnalia became one of the most popular Roman festivals. It was marked by drunken orgies, tomfoolery and reversal of social roles, in which slaves and masters ostensibly switched places, much like the Lord of Misrule in later Christian celebrations.
Saturnalia was introduced around [217 BC] to raise citizen morale after a crushing military defeat at the hands of the Carthaginians. Originally celebrated for a day, on December 17, its popularity saw it grow until it became a week-long extravaganza, ending on the 23rd. Efforts to shorten the celebration were unsuccessful. Augustus tried to reduce it to three days, and Caligula to five. These attempts caused uproar and massive revolts among the Roman citizens.
Saturnalia involved the conventional sacrifices, a couch (lectisternium) set out in front of the temple of Saturn and the untying of the ropes that bound the statue of Saturn during the rest of the year. A Saturnalicius princeps was elected master of ceremonies for the proceedings. Besides the public rites there were a series of holidays and customs celebrated privately. The celebrations included a school holiday, the making and giving of small presents (saturnalia et sigillaricia), massive and multiple group orgies, and a special market (sigillaria). Gambling was allowed for all, even slaves.
We have explained to you recently about the Festival of lights which takes place at this time of year. This is what Christmas and Chanukah celebrations are of. Never mind the biblical birth of Yehshua which many try to use in order to keep this pagan feast, or the story of the Maccabees which others try to use to justify for themselves the keeping of this time of year. Yes both stories are true and should be studied, but the use of a pagan festival is not justified by adding some scriptures to it.
Deuteronomy 28: 28 “Guard, and obey all these words which I command you, that it might be well with you and your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the eyes of ???? your Elohim. 29 “When ???? your Elohim does cut off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, 30 guard yourself that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed from before you, and that you do not inquire about their mighty ones, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their mighty ones? And let me do so too.’1 Footnote: 1See also 18:9, Lev. 18:3, Jer.10:2, Ezek. 11:12 & 20:32, Eph. 4:17, and 1 Peter 4:3 31 “Do not do so to ???? your Elohim, for every abomination which ???? hates they have done to their mighty ones, for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their mighty ones. 32 “All the words I am commanding you, guard to do it – do not add to it nor take away from it.1 Footnote: 1See also 4:2, Prov. 30:6, Rev. 22:18-19.
So now instead of keeping the New Year at the first month in which Passover comes many keep the New Year now just as the nations did who Joshua drove out of Canaan. How do I know this? Read verse 31 again and again until it sinks in. 31 “Do not do so to ???? your Elohim, for every abomination which ???? hates they have done to their mighty ones, for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their mighty ones.
Take a look at these two pictures of Saturn eating his children; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Devouring_His_Son
It is at this time of the year, the Saturn-alia the worship of Saturn takes place. Did you read above how Saturn was tied up the rest of the year? Did you ask yourself why? Again look at the pictures in the URL above. Saturn is St. Nicolas and is also known as the religion of the Nicolaitans in Revelations. Notice in Revelations that Satan is also to be bound for the thousand years.
As you read the following know and understand that Uranus is Cush and Cronus is Nimrod and is also Saturn.
Cronus or Kronos (Ancient Greek ??????, Krónos) was the leader and the youngest of the first generation of Titans, divine descendants of Gaia, the earth, and Uranus, the sky. He overthrew his father and ruled during the mythological Golden Age, until he was overthrown by his own sons, Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon, and imprisoned in Tartarus.
Cronus was usually depicted with a sickle, which was also the weapon he used to castrate and depose Uranus, his father. In Athens, on the twelfth day of the Attic month of Hekatombaion, a festival called Kronia was held in honor of Cronus to celebrate the harvest, suggesting that, as a result of his association with the virtuous Golden Age, Cronus continued to preside as a patron of harvest. Cronus was also identified in classical antiquity with the Roman deity Saturn.
Here is a reference to the 12 days of Christmas in case you did not catch it. Some of you may recall the articles I did on how Nimrod attacked and castrated His father Cush. You can read about this in the following articles.
Here is the heart of the matter.
Uranus hated his offspring and as soon as they were born he shut them up in the depths of the Earth. Angry because her children were imprisoned, Gaea decided to take revenge against her husband. She made steel and fashioned a sharp sickle. Then she released Cronus the youngest Titan and encouraged him to castrate his father and rule in his place. When Uranus came to lie with Gaea that night, Cronus armed with a sickle, cut off his father’s testicles and threw them into the sea. From the wound black blood dropped and the drops, seeping into the earth, fertilized Gaea and she gave birth to the Erinves the Giants and to the ash-tree Nymphs the Meliads Uranus’ discarded genitals broke into a white foam from which was born a young goddess, Aphrodite .
A Titan the youngest son of Uranus and Gaea who became the ruler of the universe after castrating his father. He married his sister Rhea who gave him three daughters: Hestia Demeter and Hera, and three sons: Hades Poseidon and Zeus. Cronus lived in fear that he would be dethroned by one of his children as an oracle had predicted, so he swallowed each of his children as it was born. When she was pregnant with Zeus, Rhea asked her parents, Uranus and Gaea, to help her save the child. On their advice, she went to Crete and there, in a deep cavern she gave birth to Zeus. There Rhea wrapped up a stone in swaddling clothes and gave it to Cronus who swallowed it. Gaea took the newborn baby and undertook to bring it up.
The oracle which had predicted to Cronus that he would be overthrown by one of his sons had not lied. As soon as Zeus reached manhood, he wanted to seize power from Cronus. Metis daughter of Oceanus, gave him a drug which made Cronus vomit up the children whom he had swallowed. Together with his brothers and sisters, Zeus attacked Cronus and the Titans, The outcome of the ten years long war was Zeus’ victory. The Titans were expelled them from Heaven and locked them up in Tartarus.
According to Hesiod there was a golden race at the time when Cronus was ruling in heaven. People in those days lived free from worries and safe from grief and distress. They remained eternally young. They had no need to work. When the time came for them to die, they went peacefully to sleep. This race vanished from the Earth in the reign of Zeus, and the Golden Age continued on the Islands of the Blessed, where Cronus was sent later, after reconciliation with Zeus.
Cronus is sometimes identified with Chronus, personification of time. Zeus in this version of the story is Shem and His ten year battle with Nimrod. Chronus is also known as Father Time and as such is Uranus and Cush. Cronus is the new baby at New Years and is the one to replace Father Time. Cronus is Nimrod who castrated his father and took over the reign of his empire.
We have the following also to draw on. From http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/009168.html
Saturn was a malicious god who was overthrown by his son, Jupiter (Gr. Zeus), whence he established a Golden Age on earth.
The Mythology Dictionary describes the brutal disposition of Saturn:
“The titan Saturn (equated with the Greek Cronus) castrated his father, hated his children, devoured them, and was castrated and overthrown by his son Zeus. After his defeat, Saturn ruled over the Golden Age of the world; according to Roman mythology, he fled to the west and brought a new golden time to Italy. Originally Saturn was an old Italic deity of the harvest; the Roman’s built a temple to Saturn on the Capitoline hill and each December celebrated the winter planting with the Saturnalia, a time of revelry and the giving of presents. Saturnalia today denotes a period of unrestrained or orgiastic revelry. Saturn gives his name to the sixth planet from the sun, the second largest planet in the solar system after Jupiter. …a saturnine temperament…is…gloomy or melancholy, characteristics of the god who castrated his father and was overthrown. Saturnian simply means pertaining to the god or the planet Saturn. The planet Saturn was also associated with the element lead, and so the term for lead poisoning is saturnism.” (1047)
At the Roman Saturnalia was celebrated each year the overthrow of the Atlantean god Saturn (Gr. Chronos) by the god Jupiter (Gr. Zeus) and return to the Golden Age of Atlantis. John King, author of The Celtic Druid’s Year, explains:
“The Roman festival dedicated to Saturn, the Saturnalia, began on 19 December. It celebrated the overthrow of the old father-god, Saturn, by the new, Jupiter or Deus-Pater (God the Father, although in our context he is actually God the Son). These gods have direct counterparts in Greek mythology (Chronos and Zeus) and in Celtic mythology (Bran and Bel or Belin)…” (270:133)
Genesis 10: 1 And this is the genealogy of the sons of Noah?: Sh?m, H?am, and Yepheth. And sons were born to them after the flood.
6 And the sons of H?am: Kush, and Mitsrayim, and Put, and Kena?an.
8 And Kush brought forth Nimrod?, he began to be a mighty one on the earth.
Cush was one of the rebels and taught Nimrod many of the things he would aspire to. At some point in time Nimrod( Saturn and Cronus) who was the younger one attacked and castrated Cush (also known as Uranus and Chronus) forcing him to leave the area and flee to what is now Africa. Some of his children then went to India.
Nimrod over time became both Chronus and Saturn. And it is from Chronus that we get the myth of Father Time. Although the texts tell you not to confuse Kronus and Chronus, they are in fact the same person, Nimrod with different myths applicable to each.
Chronus is also told to us by Hislop to be Cush. And so we have the blending of mythologies.
Chronos is usually portrayed through an old, wise man with a long, gray beard, such as “Father Time”. Some of the current English words whose etymological root is khronos/chronos include chronology, chronometer, chronic, anachronism, and chronicle.
Nimrod or Saturn fled from Shem or Zeus to the west and hid in what later became known today as Rome. We have today the Mountains of Nimrod in Northern Italy.
Knowing the myths that have sprung up from the stories of Nimrods life let’s look at what is recorded about this type of behaviour in other books that the bible also makes reference too.
We shall read about the first years of Abraham in Jasher chapter 8 and note how Nimrod tries to have Abraham killed. http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/home.html
1. And it was in the night that Abram was born, that all the servants of Terah, and all the wise men of Nimrod, and his conjurors came and ate and drank in the house of Terah, and they rejoiced with him on that night.
2. And when all the wise men and conjurors went out from the house of Terah, they lifted up their eyes toward heaven that night to look at the stars, and they saw, and behold one very large star came from the east and ran in the heavens, and he swallowed up the four stars from the four sides of the heavens.
3. And all the wise men of the king and his conjurors were astonished at the sight, and the sages understood this matter, and they knew its import.
4. And they said to each other, This only betokens the child that has been born to Terah this night, who will grow up and be fruitful, and multiply, and possess all the earth, he and his children for ever, and he and his seed will slay great kings, and inherit their lands.
5. And the wise men and conjurors went home that night, and in the morning all these wise men and conjurors rose up early, and assembled in an appointed house.
6. And they spoke and said to each other, Behold the sight that we saw last night is hidden from the king, it has not been made known to him.
7. And should this thing get known to the king in the latter days, he will say to us, Why have you concealed this matter from me, and then we shall all suffer death; therefore, now let us go and tell the king the sight which we saw, and the interpretation thereof, and we shall then remain clear.
8. And they did so, and they all went to the king and bowed down to him to the ground, and they said, May the king live, may the king live.
9. We heard that a son was born to Terah the son of Nahor, the prince of thy host, and we yesternight came to his house, and we ate and drank and rejoiced with him that night.
10. And when thy servants went out from the house of Terah, to go to our respective homes to abide there for the night, we lifted up our eyes to heaven, and we saw a great star coming from the east, and the same star ran with great speed, and swallowed up four great stars, from the four sides of the heavens.
11. And thy servants were astonished at the sight which we saw, and were greatly terrified, and we made our judgment upon the sight, and knew by our wisdom the proper interpretation thereof, that this thing applies to the child that is born to Terah, who will grow up and multiply greatly, and become powerful, and kill all the kings of the earth, and inherit all their lands, he and his seed forever.
12. And now our lord and king, behold we have truly acquainted thee with what we have seen concerning this child.
13. If it seemeth good to the king to give his father value for this child, we will slay him before he shall grow up and increase in the land, and his evil increase against us, that we and our children perish through his evil.
14. And the king heard their words and they seemed good in his sight, and he sent and called for Terah, and Terah came before the king.
15. And the king said to Terah, I have been told that a son was yesternight born to thee, and after this manner was observed in the heavens at his birth.
16. And now therefore give me the child, that we may slay him before his evil springs up against us, and I will give thee for his value, thy house full of silver and gold.
17. And Terah answered the king and said to him: My Lord and king, I have heard thy words, and thy servant shall do all that his king desireth.
18. But my lord and king, I will tell thee what happened to me yesternight, that I may see what advice the king will give his servant, and then I will answer the king upon what he has just spoken; and the king said, Speak.
19. And Terah said to the king, Ayon, son of Mored, came to me yesternight, saying,
20. Give unto me the great and beautiful horse that the king gave thee, and I will give thee silver and gold, and straw and provender for its value; and I said to him, Wait till I see the king concerning thy words, and behold whatever the king saith, that will I do.
21. And now my lord and king, behold I have made this thing known to thee, and the advice which my king will give unto his servant, that will I follow.
22. And the king heard the words of Terah, and his anger was kindled and he considered him in the light of a fool.
23. And the king answered Terah, and he said to him, Art thou so silly, ignorant, or deficient in understanding, to do this thing, to give thy beautiful horse for silver and gold or even for straw and provender?
24. Art thou so short of silver and gold, that thou shouldst do this thing, because thou canst not obtain straw and provender to feed thy horse? and what is silver and gold to thee, or straw and provender, that thou shouldst give away that fine horse which I gave thee, like which there is none to be had on the whole earth?
25. And the king left off speaking, and Terah answered the king, saying, Like unto this has the king spoken to his servant;
26. I beseech thee, my lord and king, what is this which thou didst say unto me, saying, Give thy son that we may slay him, and I will give thee silver and gold for his value; what shall I do with silver and gold after the death of my son? who shall inherit me? surely then at my death, the silver and gold will return to my king who gave it.
27. And when the king heard the words of Terah, and the parable which he brought concerning the king, it grieved him greatly and he was vexed at this thing, and his anger burned within him.
28. And Terah saw that the anger of the king was kindled against him, and he answered the king, saying, All that I have is in the king’s power; whatever the king desireth to do to his servant, that let him do, yea, even my son, he is in the king’s power, without value in exchange, he and his two brothers that are older than he.
29. And the king said to Terah, No, but I will purchase thy younger son for a price.
30. And Terah answered the king, saying, I beseech thee my lord and king to let thy servant speak a word before thee, and let the king hear the word of his servant, and Terah said, Let my king give me three days’ time till I consider this matter within myself, and consult with my family concerning the words of my king; and he pressed the king greatly to agree to this.
31. And the king hearkened to Terah, and he did so and he gave him three days’ time, and Terah went out from the king’s presence, and he came home to his family and spoke to them all the words of the king; and the people were greatly afraid.
32. And it was in the third day that the king sent to Terah, saying, Send me thy son for a price as I spoke to thee; and shouldst thou not do this, I will send and slay all thou hast in thy house, so that thou shalt not even have a dog remaining.
33. And Terah hastened, (as the thing was urgent from the king), and he took a child from one of his servants, which his handmaid had born to him that day, and Terah brought the child to the king and received value for him.
34. And the Lord was with Terah in this matter, that Nimrod might not cause Abram’s death, and the king took the child from Terah and with all his might dashed his head to the ground, for he thought it had been Abram; and this was concealed from him from that day, and it was forgotten by the king, as it was the will of Providence not to suffer Abram’s death.
35. And Terah took Abram his son secretly, together with his mother and nurse, and he concealed them in a cave, and he brought them their provisions monthly.
36. And the Lord was with Abram in the cave and he grew up, and Abram was in the cave ten years, and the king and his princes, soothsayers and sages, thought that the king had killed Abram.
You have just read where Abraham the Father of Isaac, and Jacob and the 12 tribes of Israel, was going to be killed as a child by Nimrod.
We read in Exodus 1: 1 And these are the names of the children of Yisra’?l who came to Mitsrayim with Ya?aqob?, each one with his household: 2 Re’ub??n, Shim?on, L?wi, and Yehud?ah; 3 Yissask?ar, Zeb?ulun, and Binyamin; 4 Dan and Naphtali, Gad? and Ash?r. 5 And all those who were descendants of Ya?aqob? were seventy beings, as Yos?ph was already in Mitsrayim. 6 And Yos?ph died, and all his brothers, and all that generation. 7 And the children of Yisra’?l bore fruit and increased very much, multiplied and became very strong, and the land was filled with them. 8 Then a new sovereign arose over Mitsrayim, who did not know Yos?ph, 9 and he said to his people, “See, the people of the children of Yisra’?l are more and stronger than we, 10 come, let us act wisely towards them, lest they increase, and it shall be when fighting befalls us, that they shall join our enemies and fight against us, and shall go up out of the land.” 11 So they set slave-masters over them to afflict them with their burdens, and they built for Pharaoh supply cities, Pithom and Ra?amses. 12 But the more they afflicted them, the more they increased and grew, and they were in dread of the children of Yisra’?l. 13 And the Mitsrites made the children of Yisra’?l serve with harshness, 14 and they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in mortar, and in brick, and in all kinds of work in the field, all their work which they made them do was with harshness. 15 Then the sovereign of Mitsrayim spoke to the Heb?rew midwives, of whom the name of one was Shiphrah and the name of the other Pu?ah, 16 and he said, “When you deliver the Heb?rew women, and see them on the birthstools, if it is a son, then you shall put him to death, but if it is a daughter, then she shall live.” 17 But the midwives feared Elohim, and did not do as the sovereign of Mitsrayim commanded them, and kept the male children alive. 18 So the sovereign of Mitsrayim called for the midwives and said to them, “Why have you done this, and kept the male children alive?” 19 And the midwives said to Pharaoh, “Because the Heb?rew women are not like the Mitsrite women. For they are lively and give birth before the midwives come to them.” 20 So Elohim was good to the midwives, and the people increased and became very numerous. 21 And it came to be, because the midwives feared Elohim, that He provided households for them. 22 And Pharaoh commanded all his people, saying, “Throw every son who is born into the river, and keep alive every daughter.”
Once again history repeats itself. Just as Nimrod sought to kill Abraham as a child and he also killed many other children, now Nimrods government system which is here portrayed as Egypt is also going to kill the Israelite Children. Then out of this comes Moses. Remember how just a few weeks ago I showed you how the Christmas tree was used throughout history and was a theme that was repeated over and over and has now come down to us and is a prophecy. So too is this killing of the children by Nimrod.
Pay attention to what you are learning!!!
You all know the story very well.
When we read about all the curses that Moses brought on Egypt do you realize that Yehovah was showing them that each of the gods they worshiped were nothing at all. Yehovah was mocking the gods that the Egyptians worshiped. Again just like when the babies were killed by the Egyptians harking back to Nimrod and Abraham, so is the mocking of the false gods harking back to a time when Abraham did the exact same thing.
You have been shown this once before in Jasher. Read it for yourself at http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/11.htm
1. And Nimrod son of Cush was still in the land of Shinar, and he reigned over it and dwelt there, and he built cities in the land of Shinar.
2. And these are the names of the four cities which he built, and he called their names after the occurrences that happened to them in the building of the tower.
3. And he called the first Babel, saying, Because the Lord there confounded the language of the whole earth; and the name of the second he called Erech, because from there God dispersed them.
4. And the third he called Eched, saying there was a great battle at that place; and the fourth he called Calnah, because his princes and mighty men were consumed there, and they vexed the Lord, they rebelled and transgressed against him.
5. And when Nimrod had built these cities in the land of Shinar, he placed in them the remainder of his people, his princes and his mighty men that were left in his kingdom.
6. And Nimrod dwelt in Babel, and he there renewed his reign over the rest of his subjects, and he reigned securely, and the subjects and princes of Nimrod called his name Amraphel, saying that at the tower his princes and men fell through his means.
7. And notwithstanding this, Nimrod did not return to the Lord, and he continued in wickedness and teaching wickedness to the sons of men; and Mardon, his son, was worse than his father, and continued to add to the abominations of his father.
8. And he caused the sons of men to sin, therefore it is said, From the wicked goeth forth wickedness.
9. At that time there was war between the families of the children of Ham, as they were dwelling in the cities which they had built.
10. And Chedorlaomer, king of Elam, went away from the families of the children of Ham, and he fought with them and he subdued them, and he went to the five cities of the plain and he fought against them and he subdued them, and they were under his control.
11. And they served him twelve years, and they gave him a yearly tax.
12. At that time died Nahor, son of Serug, in the forty-ninth year of the life of Abram son of Terah.
13. And in the fiftieth year of the life of Abram son of Terah, Abram came forth from the house of Noah, and went to his father’s house.
14. And Abram knew the Lord, and he went in his ways and instructions, and the Lord his God was with him.
15. And Terah his father was in those days, still captain of the host of king Nimrod, and he still followed strange gods.
16. And Abram came to his father’s house and saw twelve gods standing there in their temples, and the anger of Abram was kindled when he saw these images in his father’s house.
17. And Abram said, As the Lord liveth these images shall not remain in my father’s house; so shall the Lord who created me do unto me if in three days’ time I do not break them all.
18. And Abram went from them, and his anger burned within him. And Abram hastened and went from the chamber to his father’s outer court, and he found his father sitting in the court, and all his servants with him, and Abram came and sat before him.
19. And Abram asked his father, saying, Father, tell me where is God who created heaven and earth, and all the sons of men upon earth, and who created thee and me. And Terah answered his son Abram and said, Behold those who created us are all with us in the house.
20. And Abram said to his father, My lord, shew them to me I pray thee; and Terah brought Abram into the chamber of the inner court, and Abram saw, and behold the whole room was full of gods of wood and stone, twelve great images and others less than they without number.
21. And Terah said to his son, Behold these are they which made all thou seest upon earth, and which created me and thee, and all mankind.
22. And Terah bowed down to his gods, and he then went away from them, and Abram, his son, went away with him.
23. And when Abram had gone from them he went to his mother and sat before her, and he said to his mother, Behold, my father has shown me those who made heaven and earth, and all the sons of men.
24. Now, therefore, hasten and fetch a kid from the flock, and make of it savory meat, that I may bring it to my father’s gods as an offering for them to eat; perhaps I may thereby become acceptable to them.
25. And his mother did so, and she fetched a kid, and made savory meat thereof, and brought it to Abram, and Abram took the savory meat from his mother and brought it before his father’s gods, and he drew nigh to them that they might eat; and Terah his father, did not know of it.
26. And Abram saw on the day when he was sitting amongst them, that they had no voice, no hearing, no motion, and not one of them could stretch forth his hand to eat.
27. And Abram mocked them, and said, Surely the savory meat that I prepared has not pleased them, or perhaps it was too little for them, and for that reason they would not eat; therefore tomorrow I will prepare fresh savory meat, better and more plentiful than this, in order that I may see the result.
28. And it was on the next day that Abram directed his mother concerning the savory meat, and his mother rose and fetched three fine kids from the flock, and she made of them some excellent savory meat, such as her son was fond of, and she gave it to her son Abram; and Terah his father did not know of it.
29. And Abram took the savory meat from his mother, and brought it before his father’s gods into the chamber; and he came nigh unto them that they might eat, and he placed it before them, and Abram sat before them all day, thinking perhaps they might eat.
30. And Abram viewed them, and behold they had neither voice nor hearing, nor did one of them stretch forth his hand to the meat to eat.
31. And in the evening of that day in that house Abram was clothed with the spirit of God.
32. And he called out and said, Wo unto my father and this wicked generation, whose hearts are all inclined to vanity, who serve these idols of wood and stone which can neither eat, smell, hear nor speak, who have mouths without speech, eyes without sight, ears without hearing, hands without feeling, and legs which cannot move; like them are those that made them and that trust in them.
33. And when Abram saw all these things his anger was kindled against his father, and he hastened and took a hatchet in his hand, and came unto the chamber of the gods, and he broke all his father’s gods.
34. And when he had done breaking the images, he placed the hatchet in the hand of the great god which was there before them, and he went out; and Terah his father came home, for he had heard at the door the sound of the striking of the hatchet; so Terah came into the house to know what this was about.
35. And Terah, having heard the noise of the hatchet in the room of images, ran to the room to the images, and he met Abram going out.
36. And Terah entered the room and found all the idols fallen down and broken, and the hatchet in the hand of the largest, which was not broken, and the savory meat which Abram his son had made was still before them.
37. And when Terah saw this his anger was greatly kindled, and he hastened and went from the room to Abram.
38. And he found Abram his son still sitting in the house; and he said to him, What is this work thou hast done to my gods?
39. And Abram answered Terah his father and he said, Not so my lord, for I brought savory meat before them, and when I came nigh to them with the meat that they might eat, they all at once stretched forth their hands to eat before the great one had put forth his hand to eat.
40. And the large one saw their works that they did before him, and his anger was violently kindled against them, and he went and took the hatchet that was in the house and came to them and broke them all, and behold the hatchet is yet in his hand as thou seest.
41. And Terah’s anger was kindled against his son Abram, when he spoke this; and Terah said to Abram his son in his anger, What is this tale that thou hast told? Thou speakest lies to me.
42. Is there in these gods spirit, soul or power to do all thou hast told me? Are they not wood and stone, and have I not myself made them, and canst thou speak such lies, saying that the large god that was with them smote them? It is thou that didst place the hatchet in his hands, and then sayest he smote them all.
43. And Abram answered his father and said to him, And how canst thou then serve these idols in whom there is no power to do any thing? Can those idols in which thou trustest deliver thee? can they hear thy prayers when thou callest upon them? can they deliver thee from the hands of thy enemies, or will they fight thy battles for thee against thy enemies, that thou shouldst serve wood and stone which can neither speak nor hear?
44. And now surely it is not good for thee nor for the sons of men that are connected with thee, to do these things; are you so silly, so foolish or so short of understanding that you will serve wood and stone, and do after this manner?
45. And forget the Lord God who made heaven and earth, and who created you in the earth, and thereby bring a great evil upon your souls in this matter by serving stone and wood?
46. Did not our fathers in days of old sin in this matter, and the Lord God of the universe brought the waters of the flood upon them and destroyed the whole earth?
47. And how can you continue to do this and serve gods of wood and stone, who cannot hear, or speak, or deliver you from oppression, thereby bringing down the anger of the God of the universe upon you?
48. Now therefore my father refrain from this, and bring not evil upon thy soul and the souls of thy household.
49. And Abram hastened and sprang from before his father, and took the hatchet from his father’s largest idol, with which Abram broke it and ran away.
50. And Terah, seeing all that Abram had done, hastened to go from his house, and he went to the king and he came before Nimrod and stood before him, and he bowed down to the king; and the king said, What dost thou want?
51. And he said, I beseech thee my lord, to hear me–Now fifty years back a child was born to me, and thus has he done to my gods and thus has he spoken; and now therefore, my lord and king, send for him that he may come before thee, and judge him according to the law, that we may be delivered from his evil.
52. And the king sent three men of his servants, and they went and brought Abram before the king. And Nimrod and all his princes and servants were that day sitting before him, and Terah sat also before them.
53. And the king said to Abram, What is this that thou hast done to thy father and to his gods? And Abram answered the king in the words that he spoke to his father, and he said, The large god that was with them in the house did to them what thou hast heard.
54. And the king said to Abram, Had they power to speak and eat and do as thou hast said? And Abram answered the king, saying, And if there be no power in them why dost thou serve them and cause the sons of men to err through thy follies?
55. Dost thou imagine that they can deliver thee or do anything small or great, that thou shouldst serve them? And why wilt thou not sense the God of the whole universe, who created thee and in whose power it is to kill and keep alive?
56. 0 foolish, simple, and ignorant king, woe unto thee forever.
57. I thought thou wouldst teach thy servants the upright way, but thou hast not done this, but hast filled the whole earth with thy sins and the sins of thy people who have followed thy ways.
58. Dost thou not know, or hast thou not heard, that this evil which thou doest, our ancestors sinned therein in days of old, and the eternal God brought the waters of the flood upon them and destroyed them all, and also destroyed the whole earth on their account? And wilt thou and thy people rise up now and do like unto this work, in order to bring down the anger of the Lord God of the universe, and to bring evil upon thee and the whole earth?
59. Now therefore put away this evil deed which thou doest, and serve the God of the universe, as thy soul is in his hands, and then it will be well with thee.
60. And if thy wicked heart will not hearken to my words to cause thee to forsake thy evil ways, and to serve the eternal God, then wilt thou die in shame in the latter days, thou, thy people and all who are connected with thee, hearing thy words or walking in thy evil ways.
61. And when Abram had ceased speaking before the king and princes, Abram lifted up his eyes to the heavens, and he said, The Lord seeth all the wicked, and he will judge them.
You will want to read chapter 12 as well.
Where else do you read of Yehovah mocking the pagan gods? In Exodus.
When gods Are Judged
March 04, 2009
Paul teaches us that the Old Testament was written for our instruction:
Rom. 15:4: For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
1 Cor. 10:11: Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.
Judging the gods of the People
A close examination of the Old Testament texts reveals a familiar pattern in the manner in which God deals with the nations. When God acts in judgment, He frequently judges the gods of the nation he is judging.
Example of Egypt: The ten plagues in Egypt were judgment upon the gods of the Egyptians.
Ex 12:12-13: “For I will go through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike down all the first-born in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments – I am the LORD.
Ex 18:10-11: He said, “Praise be to the LORD, who rescued you from the hand of the Egyptians and of Pharaoh, and who rescued the people from the hand of the Egyptians. Now I know that the LORD is greater than all other gods, for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly.”
The ten plagues in Egypt were actually judgments against the pagan deities of the Egyptians:
Egypt’s Gods God’s Judgments
Hapi (Nile) ………………… Turned to blood
Rah (sun god) …………… Darkness
Apis (bull) …………………. Murrain (pestilence or plague affecting domestic animals)
Heckt (frog) ………………… Frog infestation
Insects …………………… Lice, locusts, beetles
Shu (atmosphere) ………. Hail and fire
Imhotep (healing) ….…… Boils
Osiris (life) ……………… Death of the first born
They worshipped the Nile, so God turned it to blood. They worship Rah, the sun god, so God covered the land with darkness. They worshipped Apis the bull and Hathor the cow goddess, so God killed their livestock. They worshipped Heckt (represented by a frog), so God filled the land with frogs. They worshipped insects and beetles, so God sent an infestation of flies and insects.
The Bible clearly states that the plagues were God’s judgment upon the idols of Egypt:
Num 33:3-4: And they journeyed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the next day after the Passover the sons of Israel started out boldly in the sight of all the Egyptians, while the Egyptians were burying all their first-born whom the LORD had struck down among them. The LORD had also executed judgments on their gods.
2 Sam 7:22-24: “How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears. And who is like your people Israel-the one nation on earth that God went out to redeem as a people for himself, and to make a name for himself, and to perform great and awesome wonders by driving out nations and their gods from before your people, whom you redeemed from Egypt?
Dagon of the Philistines: 1 Sam 5:3: When the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the LORD! They took Dagon and put him back in his place.
The God’s of the Arameans: 1 Kings 20:23: Now the servants of the king of Aram said to him, “Their gods are gods of the mountains, therefore they were stronger than we; but rather let us fight against them in the plain, and surely we shall be stronger than they. Then a man of God came near and spoke to the king of Israel and said, “Thus says the LORD, ‘Because the Arameans have said,” The LORD is a god of the mountains, but He is not a god of the valleys “;therefore I will give all this great multitude into your hand, and you shall know that I am the LORD.'”
Baal in the Days of Elijah: 1 Kings 18: no rain or dew. Baal was the god of rain.
Bel [Marduk] and Nebo, gods of Babylon
1 Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth, their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages were heavy loaden; they are a burden to the weary beast.
2 They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity.
This familiar theme in scripture seems to suggest a “modus operandi” for God’s judgment:
Jer 43:12-13: He will set fire to the temples of the gods of Egypt; he will burn their temples and take their gods captive. As a shepherd wraps his garment around him, so will he wrap Egypt around himself and depart from there unscathed. There in the temple of the sun in Egypt he will demolish the sacred pillars and will burn down the temples of the gods of Egypt.'”
Jer 46:25: The LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, says, “Behold, I am going to punish Amon of Thebes, and Pharaoh, and Egypt along with her gods and her kings, even Pharaoh and those who trust in him.
Zeph 2:11: The LORD will be awesome to them when he destroys all the gods of the land. The nations on every shore will worship him, every one in its own land.
Isa 19:1: An oracle concerning Egypt: See, the LORD rides on a swift cloud and is coming to Egypt. The idols of Egypt tremble before him, and the hearts of the Egyptians melt within them.
Jer 51:17-18: “Every man is senseless and without knowledge; every goldsmith is shamed by his idols. His images are a fraud; they have no breath in them. They are worthless, the objects of mockery; when their judgment comes, they will perish.
If God’s judgment falls today in a manner similar to this, can there be any question as to which of America’s gods He will judge first? The principle deity of America is Mammon! Unfortunately, Mammon has become the principle deity of the church as well.
If God’s judgment follows the pattern of scripture, then He will judge America’s gods and His judgment will fall first on the nation’s economy.
A Final Word from Psalms 78: 41-55 – DON’T FORGET GOSHEN
41 Again and again they put God to the test; they vexed the Holy One of Israel.
42 They did not remember his power – the day he redeemed them from the oppressor, 43 the day he displayed his miraculous signs in Egypt, his wonders in the region of Zoan.
44 He turned their rivers to blood; they could not drink from their streams.
45 He sent swarms of flies that devoured them, and frogs that devastated them.
46 He gave their crops to the grasshopper, their produce to the locust.
47 He destroyed their vines with hail and their sycamore-figs with sleet.
48 He gave over their cattle to the hail, their livestock to bolts of lightning.
49 He unleashed against them his hot anger, his wrath, indignation and hostility – a band of destroying angels.
50 He prepared a path for his anger; he did not spare them from death but gave them over to the plague.
51 He struck down all the firstborn of Egypt, the first fruits of manhood in the tents of Ham.
52 But he brought his people out like a flock; he led them like sheep through the desert.
53 He guided them safely, so they were unafraid; but the sea engulfed their enemies.
54 Thus he brought them to the border of his holy land, to the hill country his right hand had taken.
55 He drove out nations before them and allotted their lands to them as an inheritance; he settled the tribes of Israel in their homes.
God made a clear distinction between Egypt and Israel. It is time for believers to be the distinct people of God. We are not to fear what others fear. We are not to trust in flesh. We are not to trust in the politicians, Democrats or Republicans. Blessed is the man whose trust is in the LORD! It is time to break the spirit of fear and walk in joy and confidence, anchored in a steadfast confidence in God.
If we’re living in the same spirit of fear and worry that is in the world, what kind of witness is that? What kind of faith is that? We must get our eyes off the judgments and the plagues and remember Goshen.
You have now read how Yehovah throughout history repeats Himself and destroys the false god as He executes judgment on the nations. You have read how Nimrod killed the babies and then you read how Pharaoh did the same thing. You will also know that King Herod also did this same type of butchery in Mathew 2: 1 And ????? having been born in B?yth Leh?em of Yehud?ah in the days of Herodes the sovereign, see, Magi from the East came to Yerushalayim, 2 saying, “Where is He who has been born Sovereign of the Yehud?im? For we saw His star in the East and have come to do reverence to Him.” 3 And Herodes the sovereign, having heard, was troubled, and all Yerushalayim with him. 4 And having gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. 5 And they said to him, “In B?yth Leh?em of Yehud?ah, for thus it has been written by the prophet, 6 ‘But you, B?yth Leh?em, in the land of Yehud?ah, you are by no means least among the rulers of Yehud?ah, for out of you shall come a Ruler who shall shepherd My people Yisra’?l.’ ”1 Footnote: 1Mic. 5:2. 7 Then Herodes, having called the Magi secretly, learned exactly from them what time the star appeared. 8 And having sent them to B?yth Leh?em, he said, “Go and search diligently for the Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, so that I too might go and do reverence to Him.” 9 And having heard the sovereign, they went. And see, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, until it came and stood over where the Child was. 10 And seeing the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy. 11 And coming into the house, they saw the Child with Miryam His mother, and fell down and did reverence to Him, and opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. 12 And having been warned in a dream that they should not return to Herodes, they departed for their own country by another way. 13 And when they had left, see, a messenger of ???? appeared to Yos?ph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the Child and His mother, and flee to Mitsrayim, and remain there until I bring you word, for Herodes is about to seek the Child to destroy Him.” 14 And rising up, he took the Child and His mother by night and departed for Mitsrayim, 15 and remained there until the death of Herodes, to fill what was spoken by ???? through the prophet, saying, “Out of Mitsrayim I have called My Son.”1 Footnote:1Ex. 4:22-23, Hos. 11:1, Rev. 21:7 16 Then Herodes, having seen that he was fooled by the Magi, was greatly enraged, and he sent forth and slew all the male children in B?yth Leh?em and in all its borders, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had exactly learnt from the Magi. 17 Then was filled what was spoken by Yirmeyahu the prophet, saying, 18 “A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing and weeping, and great mourning – Rah??l weeping for her children, refusing to be comforted, because they were no more.”
Each time Yehovah is about to move in a big way Satan tries to thwart it by killing the children. He did this when Abraham was born. He did this when Moses was born. And he did it when Yehshua was born. In Moses time Yehovah repaid Pharaoh by having the first born of Egypt killed on Passover. Stop and think on this. This is very important. Stop and think about what you have just read.
We are currently in the third Sabbatical cycle of this the last and final Jubilee cycle. It is the cycle which Lev 26 tells us He is going to Rob us of our children. 21 ‘And if you walk contrary to Me, and refuse to obey Me, I shall bring on you seven times more plagues, according to your sins, 22 and send wild beasts among you, which shall bereave you of your children. And I shall cut off your livestock, and make you few in number, and your highways shall be deserted.
In the fourth cycle will come the sword to North America by Babylon; that is a United European Union led by Germany allied with the Muslim nations of the Middle East and North Africa. The fifth Sabbatical cycle comes after that one. It is written to you in verse27-30. We read of it in Lev 26: 23 ‘And if you are not instructed by Me by these, but walk contrary to Me, 24 then I also shall walk contrary to you, and I Myself shall smite you seven times for your sins. 25 ‘And I shall bring against you a sword executing the vengeance of My covenant, and you shall gather together in your cities, and I shall send pestilence among you, and you shall be given into the hand of the enemy. 26 ‘When I have cut off your supply of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall bring back to you your bread by weight, and you shall eat and not be satisfied. 27 ‘And if in spite of this, you do not obey Me, but walk contrary to Me, 28 then I shall walk contrary to you in wrath. And I Myself shall punish you seven times for your sins. 29 ‘And you shall eat the flesh of your sons, and eat the flesh of your daughters. 30 ‘And I shall destroy your high places, and cut down your sun-pillars, and put your carcasses on the carcasses of your idols. And My being shall loathe you.
This is written to Israel, not the nations but Israel so pay close attention. YOU ARE GOING TO EAT THE FLESH OF YOUR OWN CHILDREN, if you do not repent and turn from this pagan worship to Molech and Nimrod and Saturn and Cronus which is done at this time of the year in the form of Christmas and New Year celebrations.
Yehovah warned us of this before when Jerusalem fell in 586 BC. We read of it in Lamentations 4:10; Josephus tells us it happened in 70 AD again when Jerusalem fell. It happened in the concentration camps in Germany and it is going to happen again in your life time.
What you consider fun and party times and good family times, Yehovah is going to show you what these times really were and you will eat your own flesh of your own children and He will make you so sick of this celebration that you will never ever want to be a part of it again so that you will forget it.
Notice that while Yehovah says you will be eating the flesh of you own children He is going to also be destroying your high places of worship and sun pillars. Your churches with their Steeples which are a reminder of the penis of Nimrod.
If you read Lev 26:14 to the end you will see that Yehovah sends the same curses over and over again. So when He again warns you in Deuteronomy 28 it is the same curses. 27 “???? shall smite you with the boils of Mitsrayim, with tumours, with the scab, and with the itch, from which you are unable to be healed. 28 “???? shall smite you with madness and blindness and bewilderment of heart. 29 “And you shall be groping at noon, as a blind man gropes in darkness, and not prosper in your ways. And you shall be only oppressed and plundered all the days, with no one to save you. 30 “You become engaged to a wife, but another man does lie with her. You build a house, but do not dwell in it. You plant a vineyard, but do not use its fruit. 31 “Your ox is slaughtered before your eyes, but you do not eat of it. Your donkey is violently taken from before you, and it is not given back to you. Your sheep are given to your enemies, with no one to save them. 32 “Your sons and your daughters are given to another people, and your eyes look and fail for them all day long, and your hand powerless. 33 “A people whom you have not known eat the fruit of your land and all your labours. And you shall be only oppressed and crushed all the days. 34 “And you shall be maddened because of the sight which your eyes see. 35 “???? smites you in the knees and on the legs with evil boils of which you are unable to be healed, and from the sole of your foot to the top of your head. 36 “???? brings you and the sovereign whom you set over you to a nation which neither you nor your fathers have known, and there you shall serve other mighty ones, wood and stone. 37 “Thus you shall become an astonishment, a proverb, and a mockery among all the peoples to which ???? drives you. 38 “You take much seed out into the field but gather little in, for the locust consumes it. 39 “You plant vineyards, and shall labour, but you neither drink of the wine nor gather, for the worm eats it. 40 “You have olive trees in all your border, but do not anoint with oil, for your olives drop off. 41 “You bring forth sons and daughters, but they are not with you, for they go into captivity. 42 “Locusts possess all your trees and the fruit of your ground. 43 “The sojourner who is among you rises higher and higher above you, but you come down lower and lower. 44 “He lends to you, but you do not lend to him. He is the head, and you are the tail. 45 “And all these curses shall come upon you, and they shall pursue and overtake you, until you are destroyed, because you did not obey the voice of ???? your Elohim, to guard His commands and His laws which He commanded you. 46 “And they shall be upon you for a sign and for a wonder, and on your seed, forever. 47 “Because you did not serve ???? your Elohim with joy and gladness of heart for all the plenty, 48 you shall serve your enemies whom ???? sends against you, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in need of all. And he shall put a yoke of iron on your neck until he has destroyed you. 49 “???? brings a nation against you from afar, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flies, a nation whose language you shall not understand, 50 a fierce-looking nation, which shows no regard for the elderly nor show favour to the young, 51 and they shall eat the fruit of your livestock and the fruit of your land, until you are destroyed. They leave you no grain, nor new wine, nor oil, nor the increase of your cattle or the offspring of your flocks, until they have destroyed you. 52 “And they shall besiege you at all your gates till your high and fenced walls, in which you are trusting, come down in all your land. And they shall besiege you at all your gates in all your land which ???? your Elohim has given you. 53 “And you shall eat the fruit of your own body, the flesh of your sons and your daughters whom ???? your Elohim has given you, in the siege and distress in which your enemies distress you. 54 “The man among you who is tender, and who is very delicate, his eye is evil against his brother, against the wife of his bosom, and against the rest of his children whom he leaves behind, 55 against giving any of them the flesh of his children that he eats, because it is all that has been left to him in the siege and distress with which your enemy distresses you in all your gates. 56 “The tender and the delicate woman among you, who have not tried to set the sole of her foot on the ground because of her delicateness and tenderness, her eye is evil against the husband of her bosom, and against her son, and against her daughter, 57 and against her seed which comes out from between her feet, and her children whom she bears, for she eats them in secret for lack of all, in the siege and distress with which your enemy distresses you in all your gates. 58 “If you do not guard to do all the Words of this Torah that are written in this book, to fear this esteemed and awesome Name, ???? your Elohim, 59 then ???? shall bring upon you and your descendants extraordinary plagues, great and lasting plagues, and grievous and lasting sicknesses. 60 “And He shall bring back on you all the diseases of Mitsrayim, of which you were afraid, and they shall cling to you, 61 also every sickness and every plague, which is not written in the book of this Torah, ???? does bring upon you until you are destroyed.
From The Two Babylons, by Alexander Hislop, page 232: “And it was a principle of the Mosaic law, a principle no doubt derived from the patriarchal faith, that the priest must partake of whatever was offered as a sin-offering (Numbers xviii. 9, 10). But this practice was twisted by the Priest of Baal; Hence, the priests… were necessarily required to eat of the human sacrifices; and thus it has come to pass that ‘Cahna-Bal,’ the ‘Priest of Baal,’ is the established word in our own tongue for a devourer of human flesh.”
We get the word cannibal from the priests of Baal eating what was sacrificed on their alters and the meat that they ate was the children that were burned alive on that altar at this very time of year. No wonder Christmas is for children.
Moloch, Molech, Molekh, or Molek, representing Hebrew ??? mlk, (translated directly into king) is the name of a god and the name of a particular kind of sacrifice associated historically with that god in cultures throughout the Middle East, including but not limited to the Jewish, Egyptian, Caananite, Phoenician and related cultures in North Africa and the Levant.
Moloch went by many names including, but not limited to, Ba’al, Moloch, Apis Bull, Golden Calf, Chemosh, as well as many other names, and was widely worshipped in the Middle East and wherever Punic culture extended (including, but not limited to, the Ammonites, Edomites and the Moabites). Baal Moloch was conceived under the form of a calf or an ox or depicted as a man with the head of a bull.
(Nimrod was depicted with the head of a Bull and the body of a man and the lower legs of a Bull. The myth of Europa riding a Bull who takes her to Crete and seduces her is Nimrod who is seducing the whore Astarte and this image is depicted in front of the European headquarters in Brussels.)
Hadad, Baal or simply the King identified the god within his cult. The name Moloch is the name he was known by among his worshippers, but is a Hebrew translation. (MLK has been found on stele at the infant necropolis in Carthage.) The written form ????? Moloch (in the Septuagint Greek translation of the Old Testament), or Molech (Hebrew), is the word Melech or king, transformed by interposing the vowels of bosheth or ‘shameful thing’.
The Golden Calf (Moloch) Idol
The Molech idol was a large, hollow brass statue with the head of a bull and the bulging belly of a man. It was designed like an old fashioned pot-bellied stove, with the belly as the firebox.
A child sacrifice laid on the hands, would roll into the fire in the belly cavity. Scripture describes this practice as ‘passing through the fire to Molech,’ Leviticus 18:21.
Cleitarchus, an ancient historian, around 315 BC, gives this description of a fire god at Carthage. (Kronos is the north African name for Molech).
“There stands in their midst a bronze statue of Kronos, its hands extended over a bronze brazier, the flames of which engulf the child. When the flames fall upon the body, the limbs contract and the open mouth seems almost to be laughing until the contracted body slips quietly into the brazier.”
Diodorus Siculus, 90-30 BC, gives this description of a Carthaginian fire god.
“There was in their city a bronze image of Cronus extending its hands, palms up and sloping toward the ground, so that each of the children when placed thereon rolled down and fell into a sort of gaping pit filled with fire.”
Plutarch, AD 46-127, senior priest of the oracle at Delphi, gives this description of the fire god.
“The whole area before the statue was filled with a loud noise of flutes and drums so that the cries of wailing [of the children being sacrificed] should not reach the ears of the people.”
Molech worship is essentially identical with worship of Chemosh of Moab, Cronos-Cronos of Carthage and Melkart-Melqart of Tyre. The general name, used throughout Palestine and in the Bible, for this type of fire god, was Baal.
It has long been known that Carthage was founded by the “Phoenicians.” We know it as Carthage because of the Greco-Roman term for it. Its original name was Hebrew. Many historians have commented on the Hebrew nature of Carthage’s “Punic” language and customs. Carthage began as an Israelite colony, and received numerous Israelite refugees when Israel fell. The Greeks wrote that Carthage had a secret colony west of the Atlantic to which they sent large expeditions of colonists, and many Carthaginian inscriptions and artifacts have been found in North America. Carthage was very rich and almost destroyed Rome under Hannibal, but moral degeneracy led to its collapse.
Carthage, a Phoenician colony, was well known for their Ba’al worship. Some even believe Jezebel was the great aunt of Queen Dido, the founder of Carthage.
About 130 years after the fall of Samaria Carthage is flourishing and so is the worship of Baal. Carthage is where many Israelites fled to before Samaria fell and now it is known as the Leading city of Molech worship. The Romans defeated Carthage in 146 BC and were so full of hate that they salted the earth so nothing would grow there.
King Solomon Initiated by his love of “foreign” women as wives and concubines, established shrines for the worship of pagan gods about “high places” or hilltops (1 Kings 11:1-7). Two pagan gods were particularly detestable, Chemosh the pagan god of the Moabites and Molech the pagan god of the Ammonites, because their worship called for the sacrifice of infants.
Topheth, meaning “place of fire,” was a site of worship for Molech; however, it’s primitive root word “toph” meant “playing or beating a percussion instrument such as a timbrel, tambourine, or drum”. Scholars believe that it was possible that percussion instruments were used to drown out the sounds of infants as they were burned alive.
The Gehena Valley, Once called the Valley of the son of Hinnom, possibly naming the original owner, the Valley of Hinnom is a deep ravine west and south of Jerusalem, and today it is known as Wadi Jehennam or Wadi er Rubeb. Believed to be located in the southeast region of the valley of Hinnom, Topheth occupied a “high place” and was the site of worship of the Ammonite god Molech.
The Bible states that King Ahaz of Judah, the 12th king from King Solomon, sacrificed his own sons to Molech in his attempt to seek military aid from the pagan god (2 Kings 16:1-3).
King Manasseh of Judah, the 14th king from King Solomon, was also an evil king. Like King Ahaz, King Manasseh sacrificed his own sons by burning them to death in the worship of Molech (2 Kings 21:1-6, 2 Chronicles 33:1-6).
King Josiah of Judah, the 16th king from King Solomon, was a godly king and in his reforms, abolished all idol worship, pagan priests, destroyed pagan shrines and specifically destroyed Topheth (2 Kings 23:1-14, 2 Chronicles 34:3-7). By spreading human bones about, King Josiah defiled the former high places of idol worship and rendered them ceremonially unclean. It is not known if King Josiah was entirely successful as Jeremiah makes repeated calls against Topheth (Jer 19:1-6; 32:35); however, in time, the Valley of Hinnom became a garbage dump for the city of Jerusalem receiving waste, refuse, and unclean objects such as the bodies of dead animals and executed criminals. Fires within the dump were promoted to reduce the garbage that collected.
Here we are now in 2010 and the world around us as well as Israel, the USA and UK nations known as the Ten Lost tribes are still worshiping Nimrod in the form of Santa Claus and as Father Time at News Years. Nothing has changed.
You have read how Nimrod attempted to kill Abraham. You have read how Pharaoh attempted to kill the first born of Israel and Moses escaped. You then read how the first born of Egypt were killed at Passover. Then again you read how King Herod tried to kill Yehshua when He was born and many babies died at that time in Bethlehem. Yet in all of this even today as you read this Israelites and the rest of the world are taking part in this worship which began with the killing of babies.
As we come to that time when you will be in captivity Yehovah is going to place you in a position where you will see others so hungry they will eat their own children in front of you. Yehovah is going to make sure that you detest this time of year. The question is when you are sitting there starving in those camps or when you are alone, will you eat the meat of the children that will be killed? Will you pass your children through the fire? Will you continue to celebrate this most evil time of the year with Christmas and New Years revelry? Or will you mourn how far we as Israelites have gotten from our Creator? Do you as a Christian who practices these rituals to Saturn of killing the children which now has been turned into a celebration; will you continue to try to convert Jews to this horrid teaching?
It is high time we all got back to the keeping the Torah and it alone. The only Holy Days Yehovah tells us to keep are found in Lev 23. Read these and do them and none others.
Again watch this video and share it with those you love. Soon the ropes on Saturn are going to be loosened, and then you are going to witness the worst time in human history. A time so bad that unless the Messiah stepped in and stopped it no flesh would be saved alive. Watch the Video again and get the message loud and clear.
Triennial Torah Cycle
We now return to our 3 1/2 year Torah studies which you can follow at https://sightedmoon.com/sightedmoon_2015/files/TriennialCycleBeginningAviv.pdf
We are now in our 42nd week since we began this first year of this 3rd Sabbatical cycle of the 119th Jubilee cycles since Adam and we began at Aviv 1 which was March 20, 2010 on the Gregorian calendar. I do hope you are reading each of these chapters as we come to them and not just my own comments on them. Read it yourself and let Yehovah inspire you. If you go to https://sightedmoon.com/sightedmoon_2015/files/TriennialCycleBeginningAviv.pdf you can find each of the studies we have done so far since 1st of Aviv/March 20 of this year 5846.
01/01/2011 Gen 44 2 Sam 17-18 Ps 88 Luke 7
Here once again we see the brothers of Joseph bowing down to him just as Joseph had predicted in his dream. But in all of this we now see how Judah has stepped up and now takes responsibility for his brother Benjamin. It was in chapter 37 that we read of how Judah sold Joseph for 20 shekels.
2 Sam 17-18
Last week we covered how Ahithophel was countered by Hushai who had stayed behind at David’s request to counter anything Ahithophel suggested to Absalom.
Absalom, because he had listened to Hushai gave David enough time to cross over the Jordan before the army of Israel descended upon him. This whole chapter is reading like an espionage novel with spies and counter spies. Read how the woman hid the two messengers of Zodak and how Absalom’s men were looking for them. A great read.
In chapter 18 we read how it was Absalom who built the monument that still stands to this day in the Kings Valley; that is the Kidron Valley which many of you have seen. It is not his tomb as we are told how he was buried beneath a heap of stones in the woods. But you should also note that although the man who saw Absalom hanging by his hair did not dare raise a hand against him as King David had warned, Joab did not hesitate. This no doubt saved many more Israelite lives being lost, but it will also contribute to the order to have Joab killed after David dies.
Having read this there is not a better soap opera anywhere. The drama in these two chapters is riveting.
Despondent Prayer; The Davidic Covenant Renounced? (Psalms 88-89)
There is some question as to the authorship of Psalms 88 and 89. The superscription of Psalm 88 describes it as a song of the sons of Korah (the last of 11 Korahite psalms in the Psalter) as well as a maskil—an instructive psalm or “contemplation” (NKJV)—of Heman the Ezrahite. Psalm 89 is labeled as a maskil of Ethan the Ezrahite. Many take these names to refer to David’s Levitical choir leaders Heman and Ethan (the latter apparently also known as Jeduthun). Indeed, Heman the singer, grandson of Samuel and choir leader of the Levitical clan of Kohath, was a descendant of Korah (see 1 Chronicles 6:33-38). Yet note 1 Kings 4:31, which says that Solomon was wiser than “Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, Chalcol, and Darda.” These men were evidently descendants not of Levi but of Judah’s son Zerah: “The sons of Zerah were Zimri, Ethan, Heman, Calcol, and Dara” (1 Chronicles 2:6). The distinction Ethan the Ezrahite here appears to denote Ethan the Zarhite or Zerahite (recall that Hebrew was originally written with no vowels). How do we make sense of this?
Some think traditions have become confused and that the superscriptions of Psalms 88 and 89 are in error—that the designation “Ezrahite” was wrongly added to the Heman and Ethan in these psalm titles. But that is not necessarily so. First of all, it is entirely possible that the Heman and Ethan here are not David’s Levitical music leaders at all but instead the illustrious descendants of Zerah. If so, it could be, in the case of Psalm 88, that the sons of Korah took the Zerahite Heman’s written poem and set it to music—turning it into a song (making it “a psalm of the sons of Korah”). On the other hand, the Heman here could well be David’s Levitical choir leader, a descendant of Korah. Note that Korah himself was the son of Izhar, one of Kohath’s four sons (see 1 Chronicles 6:37-38, 18). Perhaps the descendants of Izhar were referred to as the Kohathite sub-clan of the Izrahites or Ezrahites. However, such an explanation would not apply to David’s music leader Ethan, who was a descendant of Levi’s son Merari. Considering all this, perhaps the Heman of Psalm 88 was David’s music leader, the Izrahite, while the Ethan of Psalm 89 was the famous Zerahite and not the Merarite choir leader (more on this in the comments on Psalm 89).
Besides attribution, the superscription of Psalm 88 also contains the phrase le-mahalath le-annoth. Recall that Psalm 53’s superscription contains the phrase le-mahalath. As noted before in the Bible Reading Program, this phrase has been variously interpreted as “On sickness,” “On suffering,” “To pipings” (on wind instruments) or “To dances” (or some sort of choreography). The second part here, le-annoth, is thought to mean “of humblings or “of afflictions.” It is not clear whether both parts are to be understood independently or taken together as a combined phrase (such as “On suffering of afflictions”). Also, one or both parts together could indicate either the subject matter of the psalm or another tune to which the psalm is set.
Heman, whatever his specific identity, is in Psalm 88 enduring some grave, life-threatening trial. Verse 15 in fact says that he has experienced life-threatening affliction for years—since his youth. It is not clear whether he means that he has been enduring the same, continuing trial ever since then or that he has experienced numerous similar dire circumstances over the years. The latter seems more likely, though his recurring problems may stem from the same root causes having never abated.
In his despair, Heman voices a desperate complaint against God: “Why, O Lord, do you reject me and hide your face from me?” (verse 14). He cries out to God day and night (verses 1, 9, 13), pleading for Him to hear (verse 2). He feels death is inevitable and close. He is as good as dead already, “adrift among the dead” (verse 5), cut off from God, no longer remembered by Him (same verse).
Indeed, he perceives his circumstances as coming from God: “You have laid me in the lowest pit” (verse 6). “You have afflicted me with all Your waves” (verse 7)—that is, of wrath and terrors (compare verses 16-17). “You have caused my friends to abandon me; you have made me repulsive to them…. I am worn out from the burden of your punishments” (verses 8, 15, Today’s English Version). Heman can’t escape his misery: “I am shut up, and I cannot get out” (verse 8).
He has called on God every day and worshipped Him with outspread hands (verse 9). Is it to no avail? Is he to die like the wicked? Will God wait to intervene until after he is already dead? (compare verse 10a). Of course, God certainly can intervene for those who have already died through resurrecting them—and He will ultimately resurrect all His people in the future. But this thought was far from the psalmist. For how would letting him die at this time bring God glory in the present? If dead, without consciousness, Heman could not declare God’s lovingkindness, faithfulness and righteousness to others (see verse 10b-12). In other words, he was no use to God dead. This recalls David’s reasoning in Psalms 6:4-5 and 30:8-9.
The psalm ends gloomily with the situation unresolved: “You have made even my closest friends abandon me, and darkness is my only companion” (88:18, TEV). Nevertheless, there is a glimmer of hope in this darkest of laments based on the way it opens, for Heman begins the psalm by addressing the Lord as “the God who saves me” (verse 1, NIV) or “God of my salvation” (NKJV). The Expositor’s Bible Commentary says: “Though the psalm ends on a lament, faith triumphs, because in everything the psalmist has learned to look to ‘the God who saves’ (v. 1). The ‘darkness’ (v. 18; cf. v. 12) of grief is reminiscent of death; but as long as there is life, hope remains focused on the Lord. [One particular commentator] is right when he writes, ‘Psalm 88 stands as a mark of realism of biblical faith. It has a pastoral use, because there are situations in which easy, cheap talk of resolution must be avoided'” (note on verses 15-18).
The Zondervan NIV Study Bible points out in its note on the closing cluster of Book III (Psalms 84-89): “The final two prayers (Ps 88; 89) both end unrelieved by the usual expression of confidence that God will hear and act…. However, the editors of Book III have placed them under the near shadow of Ps 87, the more distant shadow of Ps 84 and the still more distant shadow of Ps 82. From these psalms they should not be dissociated.”
This week I want to focus on a verse that had me stumped for a while until I began to midrash with a sister about it.
Luk 7:28 “For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than Yoh?anan the Immerser, but he who is least in the reign of Elohim is greater than he.”
What Yehshua is telling us is that John was greater than all the Prophets that had come up until then.; Greater than Abraham, Moses, Noah Daniel, Isaiah and Ezekiel and all the smaller prophets. That is quite an honour He has given John, but then Yehshua says that even the least in the Kingdom is greater than John.
Straight away I go to the scripture in Mathew 5:19“Whoever, then, breaks one of the least of these commands, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the reign of the heavens; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.
Those that are called least in the Kingdom will be greater than John? How can someone who teaches others not to keep the Torah or the commandments be greater than Moses and Noah? Something ain’t right here.
So I go back to Luke and look up the Strong’s number for least and it is G3398 ???????, ??????????? mikros mikroteros mik-ros’, mik-rot’-er-os
Apparently a primary word, including the comparative (second form); small (in size, quantity, number or (figuratively) dignity): – least, less, little, small.
But when I think of those who would be great in the Kingdom I end up at Mat 18:2 And Yehshua called a little child to Him and set him in their midst, and said, Truly I say to you, Unless you are converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven. Therefore whoever shall humble himself like this little child, this one is the greater in the kingdom of Heaven. And whoever shall receive one such little child in My name receives Me. But whoever shall offend one of these little ones who believes in Me, it would be better for him that an ass’s millstone were hung around his neck, and he be sunk in the depth of the sea.
The meaning of the word little child is G3813 ???????? paidion pahee-dee’-on
Neuter diminutive of G3816; a childling (of either sex), that is, (properly) an infant, or (by extension) a half grown boy or girl; figuratively an immature Christian: – (little, young) child, damsel.
Or in other words a small one. The least in the kingdom that Yehshua was referring to, would be as a small one; a little child.
We are now getting to a place where we can understand what Yehshua was saying. You must become as a little child or as a small one in the Kingdom. Those who teach against the Torah will be small in dignity but to be great is to teach the Torah and to be great is to be as a small child.
And in order to do this, that is be greater than John or all the Prophets that have come is to humble ourselves as a small child who sits there at your feet and believes everything that you tell them and has no evil thoughts.
This then leads us to Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit! For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn! For they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek! For they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness! For they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful! For they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart! For they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers! For they shall be called the sons of God.
Blessed are they who have been persecuted for righteousness sake! For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for My sake.
The poor in spirit is G4434 ??????? pto?chos pto-khos’
From ??????? pto?sso? (to crouch; akin to G4422 and the alternate of G4098); a beggar (as cringing), that is, pauper (strictly denoting absolute or public mendicancy, although also used in a qualified or relative sense; whereas G3993 properly means only straitened circumstances in private), literally (often as noun) or figuratively (distressed): – beggar (-ly), poor.
It is when you are destitute of all pride that you have a humble and willing attitude. Many of you who are searching the scriptures hunger for the truth. As Amos says to us; Amo 8:11 “See, days are coming,” declares the Master ????, “that I shall send a hunger in the land, not a hunger for bread, nor a thirst for water, but for hearing the Words of ????.
When the Rabbi met a group of us at Sukkot this year this the verse he saw being fulfilled in front of him.
The word for hearing is important to understand in this; H8085 ???? sha?ma? shaw-mah’
A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.): – X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear (-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim (-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever [heareth], witness.
You are wanting to hear intelligently and you are paying attention to what is said, and this is how you hunger and thirst for the truth, as a little child with eagerness.
But many of you come to the point where no matter how much you learn and no matter how great the next teaching is, you realize that with each day as you draw closer to Him you know so absolutely little. And yet it was not long ago that you thought there was nothing more to learn as you had it all figured out. When you hunger for more and know how little you understand, then you are beginning to be humble, just as child is. And by this you will be greater than most in the Kingdom.
Strange isn’t it? That in this week’s teaching of how Satan and Nimrod and Pharaoh and Herod all tried to kill the little children so that the future heirs to the kingdom could not inherit it. And here we learn that we must become as little children. Soon he will try once more to prevent us from becoming as children and entering that Kingdom. I do not know about you, but this study just turned around and hit me square on. Awesome!!!
As you become more child like Satan is going to try and murder you as he does at this time of the Saturnalia. Think about it.
The 613 Mitzvot
We now continue to study the 613 laws of Torah which we can read at http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm
We are doing 7 laws each week. We shall study laws 290-296. We also have commentary, with editing from me, again from http://theownersmanual.net/The_Owners_Manual_02_The_Law_of_Love.Torah
290 That the dead body of an executed criminal shall not remain hanging on the tree over night (Deut. 21:23) (negative).
(290) The dead body of an executed criminal shall not remain hanging on the tree over night. “If a man has committed a sin deserving of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which Yahweh your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God. (Deuteronomy 21:22-23) The second lesson Maimonides gleaned from these verses is that you couldn’t leave the “criminal’s” corpse hanging on the tree overnight. The majority of the Sanhedrin in Yahshua’s day, of course, would have gladly let this one slide. The only reason they wanted Yahshua and his two crucified companions off their crosses before sundown was that the Feast of Unleavened Bread was starting.
291 To inter the executed on the day of execution (Deut. 21:23) (affirmative)
(291) Inter the executed on the day of execution. “If a man has committed a sin deserving of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which Yahweh your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God.”
(Deuteronomy 21:22-23) Milking the passage for all it’s worth, Maimonides squeezed a separate mitzvah out of the burial of the criminal’s corpse. History informs us that Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea, both members of the Sanhedrin and both believers, stuck their necks out with the Roman authorities and arranged for Christ’s body to be removed from the tree of execution so they could properly inter Him before the sundown deadline. It seems that even in death, Yahshua observed the Torah flawlessly. Again, we turn to Isaiah for illumination: “For the transgressions of My people He was stricken. And they made His grave with the wicked—but with the rich at His death, because He had done no violence, nor was any deceit in His mouth.” (Isaiah 53:8-9)
292 Not to accept ransom from a murderer (Num. 35:31) (negative).
Take special note of this Mitzvah. It is very important.
(292) Do not accept ransom from a murderer. “Moreover you shall take no ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death. And you shall take no ransom for him who has fled to his city of refuge, that he may return to dwell in the land before the death of the priest. So you shall not pollute the land where you are; for blood defiles the land, and no atonement can be made for the land, for the blood that is shed on it, except by the blood of him who shed it. Therefore do not defile the land which you inhabit, in the midst of which I dwell; for I Yahweh dwell among the children of Israel.” (Numbers 35:31-34) We dealt in detail with the “city of refuge” concept in the previous chapter (Mitzvah #260). The principle stressed here is that there is no substitute for the life of a murderer. His blood must be shed, for until it is, the land of promise remains defiled by his guilt. In the ultimate sense, of course, the “land” is the whole world, and our sin is what defiles it. But it’s the nature of our sin that determines whether or not a remedy is available for us. We all have blood on our hands. But was it unintentional manslaughter, or was it cold-blooded murder? In other words, have we merely fallen short of God’s standard of perfection, or have we willfully and maliciously prevented our brothers and sisters from forming a relationship with Yahweh?
Here’s what I’m getting at: John writes, “He who does not love his brother abides in death. Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.” (I John 3:14-15) The Greek word for “murderer” here (anthropoktonos) is found only one other time in scripture, in a passage we reviewed earlier in this chapter. In Mitzvah #278, we read, “You [Pharisees] are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer [anthropoktonos] from the beginning…” (John 8:44) How was Satan a murderer from the beginning? He deceived Adam and Chavvah (a.k.a. Eve), leading to their fall from innocence. He didn’t kill them physically (separating body from soul). Rather, he murdered them, spiritually. After the fall, their neshamah—that uniquely human capacity for spiritual indwelling (see Genesis 2:7) was emptied of life. And Adam and his bride remained spiritually lifeless until blood was shed on their behalf, and they accepted Yahweh’s sacrifice by wearing the animal-skin garments He had made to cover their nakedness. God still provides a garment—one of light—to cover the sins of all who wish to have a relationship with Him based on the sacrifice of His Son. But those who would prevent this relationship from being formed—those who block the doorway to the Kingdom of Heaven—are characterized as murderers. John notes their hated for their brothers and says that they therefore “live in death.”
So, getting back to our mitzvah, we see that ransom for “murderers” is impossible. And common “manslayers” (that’s everybody else) can be redeemed from the curse of our sin only by the “death of the [high] priest.” Who? “Having been perfected, [Yahshua] became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, called by God as High Priest ‘according to the order of Melchizedek.’” (Hebrews 5:9-10)
293 To exile one who committed accidental homicide (Num. 35:25) (affirmative).
(293) Exile one who committed accidental homicide. “The congregation shall judge between the manslayer and the avenger of blood according to these judgments. So the congregation shall deliver the manslayer from the hand of the avenger of blood, and the congregation shall return him to the city of refuge where he had fled, and he shall remain there until the death of the high priest who was anointed with the holy oil.” (Numbers 35:24-25) The tone of Maimonides’ mitzvah is all wrong. This is not characterized as a lesser form of punishment for a lesser crime—exile in place of execution. In context, I’d rephrase it, “Protect the one who committed accidental homicide.” Most of Numbers 35 is concerned with the establishment of the six cities of refuge and with the precise definition of what constitutes murder as opposed to accidental homicide. It’s all pretty straightforward. The upshot here is that if a man has accidentally killed someone, the congregation of Israel is to protect the manslayer from the designated “avenger of blood” until he can be brought safely to the nearest city of refuge, where he must live until the death of the High Priest if he wishes to be sheltered from retribution.
When you work out the prophetic metaphor here, a remarkable truth emerges. Ultimately, we through our sin are the manslayers. The slain party, then, is Yahshua. And the “avenger of blood” can be none other than Yahweh Himself. Judgment—even wrath—properly belongs to Him alone. But the “congregation” is instructed to safely convey the guilty party to the city of refuge so the “avenger” won’t harm him before he has had a chance to avail himself of the redemption afforded by the “death of the High Priest (who, as we have seen, represents Yahshua again—note the reference to his being anointed).”
Who, then, is the congregation? It’s the believers, the “saints,” the family of God—indeed, the family of the very “avenger of blood” from whose wrath we are trying to shelter the manslayer! Yahweh is saying that He is counting on us to shelter the lost, guilty soul from His wrath. (We’re not to shelter the murderer, you understand—the malicious child of Satan who’s trying to lead souls astray—but only the accidental manslayer, a description that fits every one of us until we’re redeemed through the “death of the High Priest.”) What we have here is the Great Commission! We are to love the lost, show compassion on them, draw them in to a place of safety, and show them how they can be saved from wrath. After that, it’s up to them to either stay in the city of refuge or take their chances with the Avenger outside.
That place of safety we have been telling you is the city of refuge by the name of Jerusalem and or the others. This is why we must get there before His wrath is poured out.
294 To establish six cities of refuge (for those who committed accidental homicide) (Deut. 19:3) (affirmative).
(294) Establish six cities of refuge (for those who committed accidental homicide). “When Yahweh your God has cut off the nations whose land Yahweh your God is giving you, and you dispossess them and dwell in their cities and in their houses, you shall separate three cities for yourself in the midst of your land which Yahweh your God is giving you to possess. You shall prepare roads for yourself, and divide into three parts the territory of your land which Yahweh your God is giving you to inherit, that any manslayer may flee there.” (Deuteronomy 19:3) We covered the subject of the six cities of refuge under Mitzvot #260, #292, and #293, based on Numbers 35. Here we see the inevitable restatement in Deuteronomy—speaking specifically of the three cities that were to be established in the actual Promised Land. (The other three were on the east side of the Jordan, territory that was never given to Israel by Yahweh.) Since Maimonides wrote in the tenth century A.D., it’s clear that this mitzvah is an anachronism (at least as far as he was concerned). It no longer applies (except in a prophetic and metaphorical sense) because Israel already conquered the Land, set up the requisite cities of refuge, and then got their sorry assets kicked out—twice. In a literal sense, this mitzvah has no more relevance to keeping “God’s Law” today than the Torah’s instructions on building the wilderness Tabernacle do (though the spiritual implications are as significant as ever). Since Maimonides didn’t appreciate the spiritual application of any of these instructions, why did he include this one in his list? He had to know that literal compliance was impossible. What was he thinking?
295 Not to accept ransom from an accidental homicide, so as to relieve him from exile (Num. 35:32) (negative).
(295) Do not accept ransom from an accidental homicide, so as to relieve him from exile. “And you shall take no ransom for him who has fled to his city of refuge, that he may return to dwell in the land before the death of the priest.” (Numbers 35:32) Once again, for the learning impaired: it wasn’t exile—it was protection from the “avenger of blood.” That being said, the manslayer couldn’t buy his way out of his predicament, for though he wasn’t guilty of murder, he was guilty of something. There was to be no pardon for him until the High Priest died. Yahweh is telling us that we can’t earn or buy our own salvation. No amount of good works or alms will change the fact that we’re guilty. Only the death of the High Priest, Yahshua the Messiah—accepted as a sacrifice made on our behalf and received as a gift from God—can buy us our freedom.
296 To decapitate the heifer in the manner prescribed (in expiation of a murder on the road, the perpetrator of which remained undiscovered) (Deut. 21:4) (affirmative).
(296) Decapitate the heifer in the manner prescribed (in expiation of a murder on the road, the perpetrator of which remained undiscovered). “If anyone is found slain, lying in the field in the land which Yahweh your God is giving you to possess, and it is not known who killed him, then your elders and your judges shall go out and measure the distance from the slain man to the surrounding cities. And it shall be that the elders of the city nearest to the slain man will take a heifer which has not been worked and which has not pulled with a yoke. The elders of that city shall bring the heifer down to a valley with flowing water, which is neither plowed nor sown, and they shall break the heifer’s neck there in the valley.” (Deuteronomy 21:1-4) A murderer’s blood must be shed in order to cleanse the land of the blood of his victim. For as we read, “Blood defiles the land, and no atonement can be made for the land, for the blood that is shed on it, except by the blood of him who shed it.” (Numbers 35:33) That’s all fine in theory, as any homicide detective will tell you. But what if you can’t find the perp? What if the case goes cold? Yahweh knew this would happen from time to time, so He provided an object lesson to serve in lieu of justice.
The odds were that the murderer lived somewhere nearby. So the “elders and judges” were to determine what city, town, or village was closest to the scene of the crime. That town was to provide a heifer—a cow-calf, that is, an eglah, an adolescent but mature female bovine—taking it down to a nearby creek, where its life would serve as a substitute for the murderer’s. There its neck was to be broken (or it was to be decapitated—the Hebrew word araph can mean either thing) in atonement for the murder.
Why a heifer, one that has never pulled a plow? And why a valley that has not been cultivated? I believe that Yahweh is telling us how He feels about murder: it is above all a terrible waste of potential. The victim has been cut off prior to contributing to society what might have been the fruit of a great life. Even the valley has yet to show its potential. We were created to love and live with Yahweh. If we choose not to, it’s a shame. But if someone prevents us from doing so, it’s a crime—one Yahweh takes as a personal affront.